What to brew in November? Your Opinion!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKisNJ

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I was wondering what would be a good style to brew mid-November? I have been leaning towards a holiday ale and have asked in different threads what everyone's best recipe was. But now I am thinking that by the time the brew ferments, conditions, and then bottle conditions I will be cracking my first bottle in the middle of February! While that might not be the worst thing in the world I just think by that point the mystic of a holiday brew might be waning after the season has come to a close.

So in short what in your opinion would be a good choice...I would love to hear your opinion! I am thinking a Black IPA for late Winter/Early Spring...

It'll still be chilly in Feb up here in the northeast. Maybe a strong ale? Belgian triple? I can think of a bunch more, the black IPA might be interesting, the aroma will be fading?? DO it up!

I always love a good stout in the winter, maybe a chocolate stout. Although for some reason i think I'm going to want to drink an Irish red ale in February, I'm not really sure why though, maybe it's the toastiness.

My Buckeye Burton Ale would be good,as it has both feet solidly in the strong ale category. It's all extract ATM too. At 6.8%,it'll def warm yer cockles. It's my modern rendition of the 1890's #3 Burton ale from Sheffield,England. Kinda cool too that I lve in Sheffield. Pics in my photos & recipe when you click on recipes under my avatar.
Another one I like would be a milk stout. There are some recipes in that forum for it. But I'd def get it going now,whatever it is,for turkey day & Christmas.

I would think a nice pale ale. It is a taste of things to come in a couple of months. You have to be getting tired of winter and more snow could be on the way. The short days and dark nights have to be a pain in the a**. Yes a pale ale would be good.

These are all awesome ideas... Now the hardest part.... Choosing one! I might do two at the same time probably a 2.5 gallon batch and a one gallon batch of something a little more experimental (I have to brew small scale due to my mini fridge fermenter in my luxurious one bedroom apt!)

Latest posts

Back