stumped on a bottling question..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstrong

Reaction score
So my dad loves drinking coors light...i dont know why. But he really likes the new cans that they came out with(has a screw cap like a bottle would but its a tin can still) anyone know if id be able to bottle with those and still get a good carbonation/seal

I wouldn't do it. They're really designed to be used once. Many years ago Coors offered quarts with a wide mouth screw top. I found I got one or two bottlings out of them before the caps got distorted and started to leak. My favorite bottle is the swing top, because I can reuse them practically indefinitely and after bottle conditioning I can quickly release the pressure and flush out any oxygen in the neck, which helps the beer last longer. I got my by bottles by haunting the bottle recycle center, and from friends who drink Fischer 660cl.

On your next batch try 2 or 3 Coors cans. Then let us know what happens a month later. I would have to agree they won't work well but who knows.

Right on. I didnt think theyd work..but for other reasons..and i alove to using swingtips. Much more efficient

Hmmm, I don't know if the beer can/bottles are similar to the soda can/bottles. I've successfully bottled using a Diet Coke Aluminum (Al-you-minium, to my UK pals...) bottle, that I'd bought in Manhattan. I'm about to try the same thing with a Coors Light Al., bottle that I dumped.

Back