Best Pink Floyd Song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I'm listening to music and thought I'd lay down my first track in the DRAMM thread here....

Echoes, by far. Then possibly Learning to Fly off of the Momentary Lapse of Reason LP. That whole album is fantastic.

Finally, but probably not last, is the Clare Torry vocal on Great Gig in the Sky off DSOTM. Man, that that chick had lungs.

All great choices so far! Hard to isolate their songs... they made ALBUMS. That said, I'll choose a few: Julia Dream, Embryo, and Us and Them.

I LOVE playing Echoes on the bass, just have to skip the first few minutes ;)

This is like answering "what is your favorite beer?". Depends on my mood, the weather, my age, and my level of intoxication. I think humidity is a factor as well.

Oh- you have never really heard Pink until you listen to the vinyl on quadraphonic headphones.

Listening to a bootleg of an August 1980 performance of The Wall as I came across this thread... I'm hard pressed to pick one favorite, but Comfortably Numb is, I think, my all-time favorite song, period.

Well according to a recent ruling in the UK, it's not about the pink Floyd song, it's about the album. Pink Floyd won a battle against EMI which preserves the artistic integrity of their albums, thus not allowing sales of individual songs. So for the sake of the ruling, I'm going with Obscured by Clouds.

The album: A Saucerful of Secrets

I love that album... But honestly, Pink Floyd has so many great songs it's hard to narrow it down to just one...

Les Claypool did a cover of some, if not all, of Animals several years ago. I highly recommend it if you can find it.

That being said, my favorite all-time Floyd song is Mother for some strange reason.

Best PK song? To answer this question, we would need one of those supercomputers and a few years to wait for the answer.

...but then we could only get an answer like "42"

So long and thanks for all the fish

This is probably the most impossible question to answer that I have seen on this forum. ;)

+1 There are so many & they're so good, it's pretty tough to choose just one. Everything from See Emily Play, which always makes me think of Emily Strange, to Marooned & everything in between.

Just a thought here, is Pink Floyd without Roger Waters still Pink Floyd?
Regards, GF.

Have been pinned in my listening room with PF the last hour or so. It's just too many songs that are good to pick a favourite, but right now "Hey You" is playing and before that "Run Like Hell".

I hate to go "audiophile" on you guys but not only is the musical performace legendary, but it is *exceptionally* well mastered as well (as all PF releases).

This is how all music should be mastered. It is redicilous that music recorded over 30 years ago completely obliterates any recently produced recordings when it comes to cheer sound quality. I've been playing at insane levels and it just does not sound bad.

It just sounds like "turn me up" and, because the neighbours where banging the walls for some reason I just turned it up until the clipping indicators on my amps started to flash. :)

H

Oh, I love Roger Waters' stuff. In fact, I consider The Final Cut to be a Roger Waters album played by Pink Floyd.

However I don't think that Roger Waters on his own is PF any more than PF without him is the same band at all. All of this could be argued, of course. :D

+1 on that.
How about Roger Waters Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking?

Back