Hops I need to use, but don't know what to brew....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aryiman

Reaction score
Here is the list of hops that I have that I want to use, but I have no clue what I want to brew. Any suggestions? Want something that doesn't need a secondary.

Hop Name Alpha % Oz

Cascade 6 1 and 5/8
Fuggle 4.7 1 and 5/8
Perle 8.2 1 and 5/8
Amarillo 8.2 5/8
Willamette 4.9 5/8
Chinook 13 3/4
Hallertauer 7 2
German Tettang 5 5/8
Spalt 2.6 2

Thanks for the help!

5/8? As in, .625 oz? I'd say throw em all together into a crazy DIPA. lol

For your Cascades, I love them in an american-style pale ale. Here's a link to a recipe I recently did - I haven't put on it in the HBT database yet, because I'm not sure if its in its final form, but you'll get the idea . . .http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/WPA-Wheat-Pale-Ale.html You could definitely go all Cascade in this recipe or one like it.

For the Hallertauer and Spalt, you could use them in a lighter beer - a pilsner, a cream ale, a kolsch, or a light hybrid like this https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/drinkability-isnt-word-154954/

FWIW, I really enjoy taking the ingredients on hand and figuring out what to brew with them - its great to have some bulk grains in the bins and some hops in the freezer! :mug:

Here is the list of hops that I have that I want to use, but I have no clue what I want to brew. Any suggestions? Want something that doesn't need a secondary.

Hop Name Alpha % Oz

Cascade 6 1 and 5/8
Fuggle 4.7 1 and 5/8
Perle 8.2 1 and 5/8
Amarillo 8.2 5/8
Willamette 4.9 5/8
Chinook 13 3/4
Hallertauer 7 2
German Tettang 5 5/8
Spalt 2.6 2

Thanks for the help!

Pale Ale: Chinook for bittering. Amarillo, Cascade for flavor and aroma