Is my Mead Ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
:cross: :fro: Just kidding!

First Mead, I made JAOM with Lavlin 1118.

The Mead's fermentation is much less active that the beer I have made. I am assuming this is normal because of the longer fermentation time, but I wanted to check with you guys.

It is out gassing about 1 bubble per second since the 14th and making tiny bubbles like Apfelwein.

Cheers!!! :mug:

Chris (The Newb)

I would say that by the symptoms you are describing, your JAOM is definitely ruined. :D I suggest you just throw it in a closet somewhere and come back to it several months down the road. The mere fact that you decided to stop paying attention to it will make it decide to get its act back together. ;)
-Me

Ive heard some say that it has an orange 'pith' to it when its young. Age can do nothing but improve it. Id say bottle it either when it clears (as the recipe suggests) or the 2 month period (either or) Let it sit in bottles for a while and gradually try it out.
Good luck!
-Me

Wait however long it takes to be crystal clear, at least. The longer you wait, JoeMama's right, the better it will be.

Latest posts

Back