Extra Saison kit, What can i Do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba70665

Reaction score
I accidentally bought two saison kits instead of one, and i'd like to make something other than the saison with the second kit. The ingredients are as follows:
3.3 lbs gold LME
3.3 lbs wheat LME
1 lb clear candi sugar
8 oz cara-20
8 oz unmalted wheat
1 oz sterling
2 oz goldings
and all the spices like bitter orange peel, grains of paradise, coriander
Wyeast Belgian wheat yeast

So, anybody got any bright ideas about what i could make with this besides a saison? I could always not use some ingredients or purchase a different yeast or something to go with it.

Thanks for the help!

would i still use the candi sugar or is that just overkill? Also, what would be a good hop schedule for that?

I'm not much for hitting "STYLE" so I'm not as good of a source as others! Having said that...use the sugar, Start with the Sterling, and add 1/2 oz at 60, 1/2 oz at 30, then on to the Goldings and add 1/2 oz at 5 and another 1/2 at Flame out.

(Everyone is going to call me nuts!)

I would consider buying a few more items and making 2 beers out of it. Some dark wheat malt and wheat yeast in addition to wheat LME and unmated wheat, some of the spices and sterling hops would make a nice dark wheat beer.

Back