Just bottled a beer I have little hope for...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRoyLenz

Reaction score
...sigh....

IMPORTANT EDIT: FG was 1.036, not OG....

FG was 1.036. The recipe was my first attempt at developing my own, and I WAY over spiced and put way too much molasses in. It is extremely sweet, and has a hot alcohol taste from fermenting at 78F.

Its been sitting in secondary for 3 months, because I didn't feel like doing anything with it, but I need the carboy now, so I threw it in the bottles. Maybe after it's carbed up and chilled, it'll be a little more drinkable.

I just wanted to vent, and to see if anyone can give me a bit of hope. Maybe a story of a beer you thought had no hope of drinkability that actually turned out pretty good. Something to make me feel better about temporarily sacrificing 48 bottles.

I've got a batch of beer that I call the "drink-this-after-drinking-a-few-other-decent-beers-so-you-can't-tell-how-bad-this-actually-is" beer. Pretty awful, but I don't need the bottles and it does actually seem to be getting better with time :mug:

I'm doing this same thing tomorrow. It's my second batch of beer, and was an all-grain attempt at a jalapeño something or other. I went pretty far off the recipe and it just didn't seem to ferment that well.

On the plus side, I brewed up the Two Hearted clone that's on this forum and it smells beautiful and is bubbling away like mad. Moving on.

I've got a batch of beer that I call the "drink-this-after-drinking-a-few-other-decent-beers-so-you-can't-tell-how-bad-this-actually-is" beer. Pretty awful, but I don't need the bottles and it does actually seem to be getting better with time :mug:

This is how I plan to consume any F-ups.

i've got a similar batch... i got a little crazy with some fruit, wanted a golden ale with a hint of berry flavor for the summer... ended up with with more of a purple skittle beer. But after about 6 months in the back of the bottle closet, it's manageable, and has faded from purple to almost copper colored.

We'll see how it is in the summer i guess.

Back