Question about adding salts using EZ Water Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmac

Reaction score
When adding salts in section 2 you have the option of adding salts to the boil by checking the box. Are these additions in addition to the mash additions or are they included in the mash addition total?

In other words: If I were to add 1 gram of Gypsum to the mash and leave the box checked for adding gypsum to the boil, the program says to add .9gr to the boil. Is the total amount of Gypsum added 1.9 grams or is it .1 gram to mash and .9 gram to the boil. for a total of 1 gram?

If I were to add 1 gram of Gypsum to the mash and leave the box checked for adding gypsum to the boil, the program says to add .9gr to the boil.

Do exactly that. Add .9 grams to the boil. So 1 gram in the mash, and almost 1 gram in the boil.
With those numbers you must be sparging with nearly the same volume as you're mashing with. That's how I like to do it.

_

Back