Let's Celebrate!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobius570

Reaction score
Everyone here should have a beer in celebration of the anniversary of the 21st Amendment. On this day in 1933 prohibition was lifted, so we should be lifting our glasses in a toast to the president FDR. Let's make this a national homebrewtalk holiday!

:mug:

Hmm...might be time to open that bottle of DFH *****'s Brew tonight. Cheers to legal alcohol!

Well I celebrated with a 12 oz bottle of my pale ale and a big bottle of DFH *****'s Brew. It turns out the DFH was delicious and 9% alcohol. Woke up this morning with a mini hangover. I will definitely be picking up another bottle next time I see it!

I´m already drunk but what the hell here is for... what were we celebrating?? nevermind..cheers!

Fordzilla, I love DFH Bitches Brew! I have a 2010 bottle in my beer cellar and 2 2012 bottles. I will be cracking a 2012 bottle at Christmas. Ever have their Fort?

I always pick up a DFH style that I haven't had yet when I see it. Fort is not one I've had yet. It sounds awesome though. A well made fruit beer is excellent every once in a while.

I was at the DFH brewpub and they had a 2007 bottle on their vintage list and purchased one. I really enjoyed it, and was able to get a 2011 bottle recently that is now stored in my cellar. Definitely worth the try at least once.

Worked all evening on a friend's rear brakes. Only thing I could find decent to drink was a bog ol bottle of Shocktop. It actually wasn't as bad as I remembered it being, but they sell it as a Belgian White, when it's more of a blend of American White and German Hefeweizen. I noted distinct banana flavors and little to no Belgian yeast funk.

Hey it contains alcohol! I wouldn't even look down on you if it was a Coors Lite. Just thankful for Dec 5th, 1933 and FDR.:D

Back