What programs are the best for labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellis0709

Reaction score
Im trying to find a good label making program along with the correct size of labels. If you know anything let me know

Inkscape is good for the design. It produces a vector graphic which can be easily resized to whatever label dimensions you need.

That question is a bit like asking "What car is best for me" which is almost impossible to answer. In reality, picking a program depends on your skill level. Microsoft Word/Publisher has the capability of producing some very good looking designs with relatively little skill needed.

Inscape [free] is also good, but requires basic graphics knowledge.

Gimp [free] is, IMO, a step up from Inscape, but seems to be a bit more complex and difficult. If you have little to no background in graphics editing, I would not recommend Gimp - you may, however, be able to get away with Inscape with a few hours playing around.

Finally, photoshop [$$$] is probably the highest-end product out there. It is used by a lot of professionals and has a lot of the latest tools, gadgets, and capabilities. It is an incredibly complex program and requires a lot of knowledge and skills to utilize its fullest capabilities.

There are plenty of other programs, but pick what suits your style.

Back