brewery name help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
just for kicks really... Our bar at my buddies house is named Ganannigans... His name is Gannon and everyone loves shenanigans, so hence the name.

We are ready to start naming our beers and doing up some cool labels for fun....

If you have not seen my pics from last week, we brew on our little compound... My friend has pigs, chickens, one dead goat... he will be missed. :) hens, roosters... He heats the house with firewood, so tons of logs lying around, a garden of veggies, hops, etc...

We want something to represent where it all started and I thought perhaps we could use the FARM theme... Perhaps

Drunken Billy Goat Brewery
Drunken Goat Brewery

I think centering it around the goat would be fun and I could draw up a cool little mascot or something...

We also have about 6 beers we have come up with and we need names

IPA - mainly the fresh squeezed, but with some grain and hop tweaks
Coffee Stout
Pale Ale
IIPA
Belgian Wit
Pumpkin Ale

just looking to brainstorm with some name association and what not.... let the imagination fly

Thirsty Goat Brewery
Rip Goat Brewery
One Goat Brewery
Gannagoat Brewery (Ganannigans...Goat)
Spoiled Chevron Brewery (Chevron is goat meat)
Long Gone Goat Brewery
Weeping Goat Brewery
Finito Cabrito Brewery (Finished goat)

GoatGone Brewing Co.

Maybe a cartoon goat with "X"ed out eyes or something...

shenanigans.jpg

Just fair warning, if you put a goat on your label or name your brewery after the goat, people are going to expect you to be able to make a mean Bock. So get cracking on that.

I don't speak a word of German, Bock and goats are an old traditional association.

One story as to why Bock and goats are associated is that Bock, which monks would have consumed during Lent to replace calories they missed from fasting, would have been brewed under the sign of Capricorn (the goat, late December and early January). That got me thinking, maybe Capricorn Farmhouse Aleworks or something along those lines, if it isn't already taken

isnt Bock German for goat...

I guess I was saying that, even before I knew that Bock was German for goat, I knew that bock beer traditionally has a goat on the label, therefor when I see a goat on a label, I assume the beer inside is a Bock.

Latest posts

Back