Clubs in Northern IE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naemlss

Reaction score
Just started kegging, and am looking for those in the northern IE area to share brews with, make beer with, and possibly do group buys.

im here if u organize it all buddy, have you tried vanguard in laverne? new shop right across from ulv ( my school) bout 1.50 a pound on grain, not to bad

I usually drive all the way to riverside for morebeer. I will check out ulv on monday
I go to poly, and might be able to get some of my homebrewing professors to join in.

They should think about changing their name.. Vanguard is a long term securities investment company.

Pacific coast wine merchants in downtown upland also has some basics if you need something in a pinch

if not a club maybe we can do some group buying, minimize shipping costs, how long you been at it maltnhops

I've been brewing for about six years. First five years were spent brewing extract, just made the jump to all grain last December. I usually brew once per month (5 gallons). I installed a ball valve on a 15 gallon kettle, so 10 gallon batches here I come!

How about you?

I'd also be interested in a group buy if it makes sense. I'm pretty well stocked at the moment though. I've got about 80lbs of grain and 4 lbs. of hops on hand.

Only about 6the months here but ive been brewing 5 gallons a week since i started. All extract and partial mash till now but i got a 52keg quart xtreme and hope to start all grain as soon as i brew these last two partial mash kits i have.

Im in the need of grain and hops... hopsdirect has pellets about 10the bucks a pound so i think ill be ordering as soon as they get more citra up

I'm studying at Cal Poly right now, and am working out the kinks in making it an official club at the school. I know of one other home brew aficionado there, but two of my collins college teachers are brewers too. If it all works out the meeting would be held off campus, and group buys would be a must. + tours of breweries and industry ins would be a major perk of doing it as a Hospitality related club. I don't know if people outside of the school would be able to formally participate, but I am sure that something could be worked out under the table so to speak.

Do either one of you have an angle grinder by any chance? I want to convert my kegs into keggles, but am lacking the ability to cut the tops.

As for the group buy, I want my next batch to be all grain so a group buy would be a great way to convince the loved ones in my life that its financially a sound hobby/ business investment :mug:

sure do,,,, and a bunch of scrap steel and wood to try and rig up a jig if you want.....im off campus and arrow

This would be huge for me. My schedule is free Mon and Wed's. Just let me know when to bring the kegs over and a case of beer. I've got access to a pull down(?) drill so if you want to convert some kegs too I could get the wholes drilled out.

i am a union steel worker, whatever tools i dont have at home i can just use at work, but thanks. I have been looking for kegs on cl. i have a coleman xtreme 52 that i bought a coulpe weeks ago, i still need to build the manifold. i have ingredients for 2 more minimash brews and then i will really concentrate on going all grain.

i would say this wed but i have a wake to go to. im here all weekend or next monday or wednesday. let me know buddy, Sean

I'm out in eagle rock.. It's a little drive but not too bad..... A few of us are starting a local forum for people like us that are looking for other brewers wanting to help each other out locally... The website is on my signature... Let me know if you guys want in....

Was there a club formed?

No. I'm in Chino and I have a friend who also brews, he lives in Chino Hills. We wanted to join up to a local club.

There's the Inland Empire club that is very big. They meet on Friday nights at people's homes. My only complaint is that the club is so big, that one meeting might be in Riverside and the next meeting in Victorville. I'd prefer something more local.

Jeez... I think this forum is like a timeline to my brewing journey every time I see a thread that has been dead awhile. I'm in upland maltnhops and am just about done building my rig

Hey, new to brewing here (just cracked open my first extract batch on sunday.) Anyway, i live in Pomona - about a 3min drive from the Vanguard shop. I think a club in northern IE would be GREAT! I could sure use some tips and advice from some more experienced brewers, as well as trade some tasty brews!

I would reccomend doing a once per month meeting sort of deal

Edit: first time post btw :D

I am in Claremont and have been looking for a home brew club for the last year. Vanguard had been talking at one time of starting one but not sure what became of it.

I'm just in Fontana off of sierra and the 210. I would be interested in a local club. Don't really know anyone else who brews, just a lot of people who like to drink it.

well, it looks like theres 3 possible members right here - pomona, claremont, and fontana are all really close to eachother.

Maybe we should try to arrange a preliminary meet up so we can discuss how to get things off the ground?

So I plotted out Claremont, Pomona, Fontana, and Upland.
The central location seems to be around Vineyard and the 10 freeway.
Google search turns up a few bars around there. The least commercial of which seems to be "Corner Pub" at 1257 Vineyard, Ontario.
Anyone know this place? Is it decent?

Never been there but i think everyone being so close any city would work.... limmericks is nice on central and foothill if we are trying to meet at a pub

How about 2/9/13 4:00PM at Limmericks then?
Anybody in?

I figure a first meeting at a pub to drink a few and discuss details of how we want the club to work.

If it's just kosmokramer and I we can meet somewhere closer to us as we are only about 3 miles from each other.

I will be there as well. Limericks seems like a good location too, pretty quiet little bar. Ill have to see about the date, but it seems like that would work for me

Or pacific wine merchants in downtown upland. Mark the owner is a homebrewer as well and has some supplies for sale. Im not 100 percent sure of my schedule that weekend but i will let you guys know as we get closer

Limpdicks would work for me. Wine merchants would be good too since they have some really good beer, but no food might be a problem.

Ya i will be there for sure. The general consensus is limericks. Its only for a preliminary meet up, so it shouldnt be a big deal. 4pm still good?

I am sure I could carve an hour or two out of my Saturday, 4 is after t-ball. Part-time brewer, full-time Dad.

I picked 4:00 thinking it was late enough to not interfere too bad with family stuff, and early enough it wouldn't interfere with nighttime activities.

Latest posts

Back