Frozen keg, what should I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
So I'm an idiot and left my thermometer across town where I brew so I haven't been able to check the temp of my kegerator. This is the first beer I have kegged and I set it up to force carb and started shaking and heard what definitely sounds like some ice shaking around in there. So now I have forced carbed it, and I'm waiting a few hours.

Should I just leave it out of the fridge for a few hours until I'm ready to bleed it and set the serving pressure or am I just screwed. Its not frozen like a rock, but I think there is definitely some ice floating around in there.

Thanks for helping.

Just let it thaw. RDWHAHB. No big deal, I've had cornies freeze @ pond hockey games many times.

coolio, I actually got over excited and just drew a beer after force carbing about and hour ago, it is my first kegged beer after all. Wow if it gets better than this I am going to be the happiest kid around. I haven't bled the pressure or set it to serving pressure and it poured this amazing head that settled like a draft guiness with all the effervescent bubbles, just a beautiful thing.

I know I jumped the gun, but god am I happy with this!

Bumping this topic.

I just found out that my temp probe got stuck on the outside of the freezer last night. I now have 3 kegs of ice cold beer, probably a good portion of beer frozen in them and one keg about a third full which is frozen solid. Is that one salvageable?

Back