Bottleworks 13th Anniversary Stone strong ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdopchibrew

Reaction score
So I tried out a new bar last night in lincoln park Chicago called Barrelhouse Flat with some of my friends, and had an awesome experience. I tried two Stone brews, the first a 'drink by 12/21' double ipa, which was absolutely delicious. Had very little hop aroma, but made up for it in the fact that the fresh hop flavor and bitterness were electrifying. The description said it was brewed two weeks ago, anyone have any idea as to how they would get such a fast turnaround on a DIPA?

The second brew we had was the Stone Bottleworks 13th anniversary ale, brewed with 13 malts: 2-row, white wheat, aromatic, weyermann choco rye, light munich, brown crisp, crisp light crystal, crisp amber, caramunich, baird's choco malt, lightly peated, simpsons dark crystal and oats...

AND 13 types of hops: bravo, target, columbus, cascade, delta, warrior, magnum, apollo, calypso, perle, galena, chinook and mt hood.

11% abv, all info was on the bottle (which I kept). Beer was absolutely outstanding; beautiful near-black color with an espresso head, it was a complete tidal wave of malt with hop bitterness and aroma layered seamlessly in between. It's an expensive brew, but has anyone else had this, or have a thought as to how I would start working on a clone?? Cheers! :mug:

Back