Help me build a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franklinswheat

Reaction score
Alright.. I have an old fridge in my garage which i plan on making into a two tap cornelius keg system. I removed all of the shelving and have a list of materials so i can build this thing. Did any of you remove the plastic liner on the door wall? Will this hurt my temperature inside and lose alot of cooling? Should I just leave the plastic liner and just drill the shank through? Help me out! Also if you guys have a good thread step by step kegerator build please direct me.

Just leave the liner in, once you drill through the metal and make it the insulation slow the speed down and be gentle as you can crack the liner with to much force and speed (happened on my first drill hole)

I wish I had seen this yesterday as I just built my second one yesterday. I would leave the inside liner in. I always drill from the front first. Once I have my hole in the front I use a long drill bit and continue to drill from the front. this helps me determine where to drill on the back of the door. Also remember to make the tap hole low enough so you can open the freeze, if it has one, with out hitting the tap handles. With my second one I deceided to put the CO2 on the outside. So I drilled a second hole on the side to run the tubing and then sealed it with a Silicone based sealent.

I would buy the upgraded Perlick faucets if I was you (the one with the extra valve for carbonation for $45) and then use the copper tubing plus the PC fan.

Back