Looking for high end picnic style tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
For domestic tranquility reasons I am unable to put external taps on my beer fridge. I am looking for some higher quality picnic tap style taps.

Looking for suggestions.

I saw an interesting prospect at morebeer that also has a flow regulator that supposedly eliminates the need for much hose. Faucet - Super Hand-Held | MoreBeer

Anyone use this? Is it worth $55?

PS, I know there is zero hose, but I'm thinking it might work well enough, maybe...

Hmmm, I wonder. It certainly is an elegant solution and with the ball tap handle should fit fine but I wonder about the flow control. I like the price too.

My situation is that I have a small kitchen and my wife surprisingly was okay with a beer fridge as long as we could still use the top for a microwave stand and small counter. So no room for tower or even for a collar on the front of the fridge.

I don't mind opening the fridge to pull a pint but I would like a nice tap to grab onto. This cheap plastic thingy with the swiveling thumb button is so . . . college.

I've seen a few folks on here use the faucet adapter for portable kegs with great success. They usually pair it up with one of the little co2 cartridge keg chargers.

Beer Faucet Adaptor

I've been looking for this thread for like an hour (don't worry I'm at work, I have a life i swear!)

I randomly saw this at Adventures in Homebrewing, how's this work dontman?

While these may work well for parties, i would be worried about having these as my permanent setup.

I would imagine that the pressure required to keep a nice pour will be very low compared to what your pressure needs to be in order to keep your beer at a desired level of carbonation.

I to was unable to put holes in the fridge, so I mounted regular taps with REALY short shanks into a a piece of 1x4 and I put hooks on the back so it hanks on the kegs. I still have nice regular taps but theyre outa sigh and outa mind.

I to was unable to put holes in the fridge, so I mounted regular taps with REALY short shanks into a a piece of 1x4 and I put hooks on the back so it hanks on the kegs. I still have nice regular taps but theyre outa sigh and outa mind.

Ain't happening with my oster. As it is the door snugs up against the kegs - tightly.

Hmmm, I wonder. It certainly is an elegant solution and with the ball tap handle should fit fine but I wonder about the flow control. I like the price too.

My situation is that I have a small kitchen and my wife surprisingly was okay with a beer fridge as long as we could still use the top for a microwave stand and small counter. So no room for tower or even for a collar on the front of the fridge.

I don't mind opening the fridge to pull a pint but I would like a nice tap to grab onto. This cheap plastic thingy with the swiveling thumb button is so . . . college.
Here is you flow restriction. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/
It should allow you to keep the pressure up and reduce foaming at the glass.

Why not make a frame in the fridge with a peice of wood going across the front with real taps across it. That way you open the fridge and pour off a real faucet, but the fridge has no holes drilled in the front. You catch my drift?

Latest posts

Back