can i bottle this way?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcolson

Reaction score
i currently have a brew in my bottling bucket and was wondering if i could just hook the bottle filler to the end of my siphon and bottle is my my 6 gal class carboy?

So do you just want to transfer the beer from bottling bucket to a different carboy or use the auto-siphon with attached filler to fill regular bottles? Does your bottling bucket not have a spigot?

yes my bottling bucket has a spigot but i wanted to just fill the bottles from my glass carboy i was wondering if this would work im not transfering it just bottling straight from the secondary...

Transfer to the bottling bucket. You need to add your priming sugar anyway, and the best way to get that to mix is to rack ontop of it. Also, I'm pretty sure that everytime the bottle filler stops, the siphon will have to be restarted. 10x easier to just wash the bottling bucket and use it for its intended purpose.

It's not a good I dea to bottle from primary or secondary...becasue you have let you beer settle, and the yeast fall out of suspension along with sediment. In order to integrate the priming solution with the beer, you would then end up stirring up what you just patiently waited to settle out...

Plus honestly it is a pita to use a siphon to bottle, and you may end up oxydizing the beer, with constantly breaking siphons...

Do your self a favor and go get a white bucket from your hardware store, and you can get a plastic spigot from the camping section of walmarts..or go get a botlling bucket from your lhbs.

Back