Costco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotleyBrue

Reaction score
I don't know whats been going on at my local Costco lately.. A couple weeks ago they had cases of Deschuetes Brewing Red Chair NWPA, Now they have Bridgeport Hopp Czarr and I picked up a tall bottle of Duvel! Pretty good stuff to find in the beer aisle. Im glad they don't sell guns and ammo, I would be to poor to afford good beer! hahaha JJ

Need to hit mine to see if they have the Red Chair, Hop Czar has been there for a while now. Love it. Wish they still had Dead Guy.

My Costco sucks ass. They have the typical BMC garbage and shiner bock...guinness and sam adams random pack.

The Costco in Chico, CA always has a good selection of sierra nevada beer. It probably helps that the brewery is right behind it ;)

The Costco in Chico, CA always has a good selection of sierra nevada beer. It probably helps that the brewery is right behind it ;)

Costco in San Luis Obispo always carries plenty of Firestone Walker. Brewery isn't right behind it, but only being half-hour ain't bad

Nearest Costco to me is 100 miles. I'd love to have one close by, not so much just for beer, but so I wouldn't have to go to S**'* C***.

Costco in San Luis Obispo always carries plenty of Firestone Walker. Brewery isn't right behind it, but only being half-hour ain't bad

I was born and raised in Santa Maria. The SLO Bevmo and Costco always had a better selection.

So, Costco likes to bring in the local beers... I guess that explains why our SoCal Costco's always have Corona! Blah! I'd rather have Stone!

Typical, New Jersey + Costco = no liquor license.

Texas law is goofy with alcohol. Costco can't sell "liquor" in side the store, so they have to have an attached (separate entrance) liquor store that doesn't require a membership. :confused: LMAO

In Reno we have cases of Lagunitas IPA and in the winter it's cases of Celebration Ale.

Texas law is goofy with alcohol. Costco can't sell "liquor" in side the store, so they have to have an attached (separate entrance) liquor store that doesn't require a membership. :confused: LMAO

It is illegal to have a club to buy booze. So if you want to buy alcohol at a Costco they have to let you even if you don't have a membership

The Costcos in AZ are starting to get a very small selection of local craft brews. Four Peaks and Nimbus which are decent. I wish they would get others like the ones that were mentioned.

Electrichead, the Costco in Clifton, NJ has a liquor store outside but attached. I haven't been inside in a while so I don't know what the current offerings are.

Costco around here has two long isles piled high with wine...... and about 4-square feet of BMC.... (I'll leave out all the profanity I uttered upon reading this thread...)

Pennsylvania Liquor Control in it's infinite wisdom says it's illegal to sell alcohol in any establishment that is not a state store (liquor) or a distributor (beer) but they can't be sold together anywhere (other than bars/restaurants).

That means we can't get beer at gas stations, grocery stores or costco and have been pretty much forced to buy beer by the case through a distributor.

Thankfully, some upscale grocery stores (wegman's, whole foods etc) have been able to skirt the law and sell 6 packs and bombers because they also have food courts that serve enough food for them to fall under the "restaurant" category :rockin:

Though, I now hear that some are lobbying for greater restrictions that would stop these grocery stores from being able to sell beer too...I need to move out of PA.:(

Pennsylvania Liquor Control in it's infinite wisdom says it's illegal to sell alcohol in any establishment that is not a state store (liquor) or a distributor (beer) but they can't be sold together anywhere (other than bars/restaurants).

That means we can't get beer at gas stations, grocery stores or costco and have been pretty much forced to buy beer by the case through a distributor.

Thankfully, some upscale grocery stores (wegman's, whole foods etc) have been able to skirt the law and sell 6 packs and bombers because they also have food courts that serve enough food for them to fall under the "restaurant" category :rockin:

Though, I now hear that some are lobbying for greater restrictions that would stop these grocery stores from being able to sell beer too...I need to move out of PA.:(

I don't understand such restrictive liquor laws. That is one of the few things California got right

You should see UT Law. I Just left. 3.2 beer in some stores anything else state liquer sores only and they are only open special hours and no Sat ot Sun anywhere. they just got rid of the membership at soclial clubs becase you could not have a BAR in the state. . Applebees Bar and Grill was called Appklebees Family Grill there. You still cant mix a drink in public the tender (you see there is no bar in it) has to go behind a wall to mix the drink. Oh and you cant order a drink at a restraunt unless you order food.

You should see UT Law. I Just left. 3.2 beer in some stores anything else state liquer sores only and they are only open special hours and no Sat ot Sun anywhere. they just got rid of the membership at soclial clubs becase you could not have a BAR in the state. . Applebees Bar and Grill was called Appklebees Family Grill there. You still cant mix a drink in public the tender (you see there is no bar in it) has to go behind a wall to mix the drink. Oh and you cant order a drink at a restraunt unless you order food.

lol,mormans

One of the benefits in living in San Diego, they regularly have local craft brews available. Ballast point, Stone, Karl Strauss, Alpine are some I have recently bought/seen.

One of the benefits in living in San Diego, they regularly have local craft brews available. Ballast point, Stone, Karl Strauss, Alpine are some I have recently bought/seen.

booyah!!! :rockin:

stone IPA and Pale Ale at mission valley right now

MotleyBrue: Since you live in Rochester, WA, I assume that you go to the Costco in Tumwater.

I think the manager there is particularly good at getting decent beer. The Lacey Costco (only located about 20 miles from the Tumwater location) has a pretty bad selection.

My favorite buy (besides Hop Czar and Jubelale) is when they had 12 packs of Arrogant Bastard 22s. I can't remember how much they cost, but it was definitely cheap.

Another surpisingly good selection can be found at the Albertson's right across the street. If you buy 4 22s, you get an extra 10% off. They had huge stacks of Deschutes Abyss for less than $10 and so I picked up 8 and they were way cheaper than anywhere else, including at the brewery. The Albertson's in east Olympia is even better. They just had a shopping cart of Unibroue Fin Du Monde that wasn't selling marked waaay down. I think the bottles were about a year old, which to me just makes them all the better...

Between Dick's, Fish, Gravity Beer Market, and well-stocked Costcos and Albertson's, Thurston County is a great place for beer!

My costco has a so-so selection.I actually picked up a case of their Kirkland ales,today.

Wow,that is ridiculous!!!!!

The costcos near me (Portland, OR area) sell atleast a couple Deschutes brewery beers year round, and usually have SN Pale Ale too. Then the rest of their craft brew section is just filled in with local seasonals and Sam Adams.

Wow,that is ridiculous!!!!!

You will notice, from my location, that I have solved that particular problem, in that I'm over 1,000 miles from Utah, and will probably stay that far away. Alternatively, there are plenty of places that are extremely reasonable in their regulation of alcohol, and I wouldn't even consider living there. California comes to mind....

Back