Houston Group Grain Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schaez

Reaction score
Closed

It's time again for another grain buy.

Prices
Check here for prices. Actual cost will be provided at time of order. Last time shipping was around $4/bag.
To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Pick-Up Location
My house in Pearland

How it works:
Use the following spreadsheet to submit what you want, but also post here to help drive activity.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtPXgv1detm_dDhUeHE4d194RFU2UHVHeHdSSHZSWWc
I got the spreadsheet from the New England Group Buy so there may be adjustments. I also haven't updated the prices yet so there may be updates to the estimates. Please email me at with your name and HBT username when you add something to the spreadsheet.

If you would like to split a bag add it to the spreadsheet and post that you are interested in a split (50/50, 3rd bag, 1/4 bag) here. Nothing less than 1/4 increments and you must buy at least 1 full bag to participate.

Once the buy is complete I will request a quote and then update the spreadsheet with the actual pricing we receive and send out a request for payment. After all of the payments are received I'll place the order. I'll send out an email when the grain is supposed to be here and ask for folks to pick it up. Please do your best to pick up the grain on the day it is delivered. I can make a few exceptions, but it is a lot of effort to move this many bags around.

Payment
Payment will be through PayPal or Cashier Check/Money Order. I prefer PayPal to speed the process along. If you choose to use please do not use the gift option. I've gotten away with it in the past, but I don't want to mess with threats to cancel my account. Please also factor in the fees when sending money. You have to pay the fees on your side. If you're not comfortable with PayPal then I'll accept cashier checks/money orders as well, but this will take more time.

I'll try to approve access as soon as possible, but it's not the easiest thing to do on a phone so it may wait until the next time I'm on my home computer.

1x FB-PILS --French/Belgium Pilsen

Looking to split .5 bag of:
BZ-VIEN --German Vienna
TF-MOPA --Extra English Marris Otter (great replacement for American 2-row)

Spreadsheet updated.

Edit:
I will take a full bag of MO, just used a bunch yesterday.

1x FB-PILS --French/Belgium Pilsen

Looking to split .5 bag of:
BZ-VIEN --German Vienna
TF-MOPA --Extra English Marris Otter (great replacement for American 2-row)

Spreadsheet updated.

Mostly posting to stay subscribed, but I'll take the other half of the Vienna should it go unclaimed.

btw, if you don't find something on the spreadsheet that is in the catalog then let me know. I'll update the spreadsheet. It has most of the grain types, but not all of them.

I added my name to a row and added

1 - CM‐2ROW
2 -BZ‐PILS
1 - TF‐OPTC

(4 bags total).

I know there's a couple of requests out there for access. Sorry about the delay, but I didn't worry too much about this while at GABF. I'm working through them in the order they came in.

Not sure yet what I'll get, but I'm in. Will have it sorted by the time I get access to the spreadsheet, and will update here then.

Man, I thought it would take close to a month to fill one pallet and the second one is almost filled.

I'll look at payment options tonight, but it will likely be the non-gift option for paypal or cashier's check.

Once the pallet fills I'll request a quote then put in the actual cost in the spreadsheet and request payment. Once everything is paid I'll place the order.

Not sure yet what I'll get, but I'm in. Will have it sorted by the time I get access to the spreadsheet, and will update here then.

OK, finally got my order in ... 1 bag of 2-row (GW-2ROW) and 1 bag of wheat (CM-WHET).

Thanks for organizing this, Mr BAM Pilot!

2 more bags to go. I added a split bag of midnight wheat if anyone is interested. I only want a 1/4 though.

schaez said:
2 more bags to go. I added a split bag of midnight wheat if anyone is interested. I only want a 1/4 though.

I will take 1/4 but am not by my computer to update. Any help?

Hi.
I'd like two bags of GW-2ROW. Also willing to split on some Pilsner malt or Vienna if any aren't filled yet.

Kevin

Yep, I just locked down the spreadsheet (I think). I'll send in the bags for a quote. It may take up to a week to get a response though.

Kevin417, 1 of your bags may drop off. We have the weight to fit it, but not the number of bags. We'll see what they say.

A couple more people need to pick up, but it's essentially complete. mredge73, I didn't get any responses from the email you had linked to the spreadsheet so I sold your bags.

I know there's interest... Could we just start up another buy? Sure, we probably won't get 2 pallets but that's ok.

I'd be in for 2 sacks.

Back