Peach Ring Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritobandito

Reaction score
Due to a fellow coworkers and my own love of peach rings, she suggested that a brew a beer that included them. I thought it was a stupid idea, but the more I thought about it, the more it started coming together. I figured it would go good with a berliner weisse. I'm going to brew the berliner weisse like I normally would, but I thought I would melt down some peach rings and add them to the keg and rack the beer on top of them. I'm not sure on the amount yet, but my main question was if anyone had any suggestions on how to melt them. I wasn't sure if I should just throw them in a pan and maybe add some water to thin it out, or maybe just make a double boil like you would make to melt chocolate. Any thoughts?

Maybe a double boil, then add some water? Not sure how much heat you'd need to melt those, but I imagine you wouldn't need much heat to burn em

Burning them was what I was worried about, that's why I was planning on doing a double boil. I'm guessing I would need to add some water to thin it out probably.

Yeah, try double boiling them. I would use some of that in the boil, but I would then also consider melting them down again and using that as my priming solution.

I provide info on priming with alternative primers including fruit juice (including the link to the podcast,) and other sugars in my bottling stickey- Scroll to the lower half of this post.

It will show you how to figure out how much you need based on any nutritional info you can find, on the amount of actual sugar in them.

I'm guessing they have lots of preservatives, that's why I was planning on adding after to the fermentation. I was possibly even going to stabilize the beer before I put it in the keg and hook up the gas. I was planning on making it extra sour, so the extra sugar might balance it out more.

I would think just putting them in some water for a few hours would liquify them. Or if you don't want to dilute it, just put them into a ziplock and and submerge into some warm water.

They melt in your mouth right?

I was thinking of brewing a Hefe and adding about 4 oz vanilla sugar free Torani syrup and 6 oz sugar-free peach based on someone else's results doing the same but with orange/vanilla. I'd imagine this method would result in the peach-ring flavor w/o the hassle.

I am pretty confident that peach rings in vodka might work. If you soak them in vodka they will absorb a lot of the vodka, but every time I've made vodka gummy candy there is usually a small amount candy flavored vodka left in the bottom of the container. You might give this a try and see if the flavor of the vodka left behind is suitable to the flavor you're trying to impart.

Here's the best link I could find, but you might find others on google, the 5th image down shows the remaining gummy bear flavored vodka
http://mixthatdrink.com/vodka-gummi-bears/

Sounds good. I'm going to soak some peach rings in vodka in a few days and see how it turns out. Thanks for the tip.

Back