Weldless Thermometer w/ Long Probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EFaden

Reaction score
Hey,

Anyone know if there is a Weldless Thermometer that has a probe that can be tilted downwards? I use a keggle and the thermometer hole is a little too high... I was trying to find one I saw in the past. My hope was that I can just replace the thermometer with a longer or bent probe that will hit the liquid.

If I'm thinking aobut the same thermometer, the tilting action is on the dial end, not the probe.

You may have to figure out some sort of curved thermowell and a long cable probe.

Or plug the hole and drill a lower one.

If I'm thinking aobut the same thermometer, the tilting action is on the dial end, not the probe.

You may have to figure out some sort of curved thermowell and a long cable probe.

Or plug the hole and drill a lower one.

BLichmann... and yes, its the face that tilts.

Curved thermowell could work.

Ideally I'd like to not plug the whole.

I recall searching for one and it was expensive, don't recall where I saw it. You certainly can find them in a hand held meter with thermocouple that you could mount in a compression fitting. I think the cheapest method would be to drill a lower hole and get a plug for the existing hole. I considered doing that so I could brew 6 or 11 gallon batches, but wound up in another direction.

http://www.marshalltown-tempco.com/prodva.html ???

I recall searching for one and it was expensive, don't recall where I saw it. You certainly can find them in a hand held meter with thermocouple that you could mount in a compression fitting. I think the cheapest method would be to drill a lower hole and get a plug for the existing hole. I considered doing that so I could brew 6 or 11 gallon batches, but wound up in another direction.

http://www.marshalltown-tempco.com/prodva.html ???

I think that is what I am leaning towards. Or just plugging the whole and using one of bobbym's sight glass and thermometer combos.

Back