oatmeal stout aging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven4est

Reaction score
I just got an Oatmeal stout from Homebrewusa.com and im not sure how long to age it for?

i want it done by christmas but im sure thats not possible since im brewing it tonight. im getting a kegerator xmas morning and wanted to use it for that so mainly im wondering how long to age it for and if i should age it in a secondary or just in the primary.

also how long does force carbonating generaly take?

well you are definitely not going to make it by Christmas. minimum 2 weeks fermenting. minimum 2 weeks aging. i would just rack from your primary to your keg after fermentation.

so like age in the keg? should i refrigerate it or just keep it in the closet and im guessing i shouldnt leave the keg with the co2 atttached right?

right on both counts. age in the keg and keep it in your closet. then once its carbed cool it to your serve temp for a week.

the colder the beer the less PSI you need to force carb your beer so be careful you don't over carb.

Back