Been holding on to Dead Ringer (Two Hearted) ingredients all summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northern Brewer reviews are almost all 5-star; the DR is next on my list of extract kits to buy when my fermenters are empty/ready, along with the White House Honey Porter

I've done the NB AG kit and then got what I needed locally and all have come out outstanding. I've used 05 yeast on all and would not change a thing. My friends beg me for this beer so I try to make it 4-5 times a year.

Extract. If it was grain I'd assume that it won't be good.

I would assume the extract would be totally fine so long as you weren't storing it in a scorching hot location like a garage. Same with the hops. You probably should replace the yeast though. If you're going with liquid yeast, you probably should also make a starter even with new yeast.

You may be surprised how long grain can last if you store it correctly. I've kept crushed grains for up to two months before using - I keep them in the sealed bags in a cool, dry location.

I refrigerate all ingredients until brew day, if you did that I would assume it will still be good.
I brewed that kit in early August, turned out great! I used US-05 (2 packs, re-hydrated) and kept it @68 with a ferm chamber.
I will be re-ordering the ingredients soon (saves about $4), I was really happy with this kit.

Unless you kept it in your car with the windows up the whole time its fine. Ingredients are much more resilient than we like to think.

Back