• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Craigslist Find - Minifridge - $85 Monroe,LA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleben113

Reaction score
I found this listing in my area for a pretty nice minifridge for $100 bucks but the girl said she would take $85 for it.

http://monroe.craigslist.org/app/2370809245.html

I have been looking for one to ferment in since it's so hot here and is just big enough to hold one fermenter but I'm not crazy about the price.

I don't think it's that great of a deal honestly but does anyone else have an opinion?

I think it would work fine to ferment in, but for a 4 year old unit it should be $70 or less. Usually I see them for $50 on craigslist, but that does appear to be a nicer model than most.

This is not deep enough for a carboy so you will have to built a collar to ferment in as well FYI

I think it would work fine to ferment in, but for a 4 year old unit it should be $70 or less. Usually I see them for $50 on craigslist, but that does appear to be a nicer model than most.

Yea I have seen them go for $60 other places online but she said she would take anything under 85. I really don't need to spend the money but for $60 I would have to.

This is not deep enough for a carboy so you will have to built a collar to ferment in as well FYI

A collar for a minifridge? Is that practical? And the girl told me that the interior without the freezer portion is 26 inches high and my carboy with airlock is barely 22.

I'm not looking for one to lager in but to just ferment my ales in. I could use the minifridge for that right? I mean, what's the range on those things?

the problem isn't height with a mini fridge,it's depth.The compressor hump in the bottom takes up at least a third of the depth making fitting a carboy or bucket extremely difficult.

A collar for a minifridge? Is that practical? And the girl told me that the interior without the freezer portion is 26 inches high and my carboy with airlock is barely 22.

I built a box out of 2" pink foam board, removed the door to the fridge, and attached the box with aluminum tape. The box has a loose lid on top, and will hold 3 Better Bottles.

Right now, it is holding at about 38*F, with 2 BB's of amber lager cold crashing.

BTW, I got my 4cf fridge (new) for free.

:mug:

the problem isn't height with a mini fridge,it's depth.The compressor hump in the bottom takes up at least a third of the depth making fitting a carboy or bucket extremely difficult.

Oh I see. Yea the measurement she gave me was only barely deep enough but with that compressor back there and the stuff attached to the door, it just wouldn't be worth it to buy it and build and extension in the front.

I built a box out of 2" pink foam board, removed the door to the fridge, and attached the box with aluminum tape. The box has a loose lid on top, and will hold 3 Better Bottles.

Right now, it is holding at about 38*F, with 2 BB's of amber lager cold crashing.

BTW, I got my 4cf fridge (new) for free.

:mug:

That would be great for what I want. If I spent this kind of money, I'd like it to have room for at least 2 fermenters.

Latest posts

Back