Thousand Oaks, California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cromwell

Reaction score
I have no idea how many homebrewers there are in East Ventura. If you're interested in a group buy, post a reply and let's see if there's enough of us?:mug:

hopefully we can get this going. I would be interested in at least 2 sacks of 2 row if the price is right

Ok, we have some interest, so I'll start looking to see where we can get inexpensive grain. Anyone have suggestions on where to go for bulk grain?

Hey, I used to live in TO! Spent the first 10 years of my life there, very fond memories playing around in the hills as a kid.

I talked to the guys at enegren yesterday and they said they would be more than willing to add some grain to their order. they order from http://greatwesternmalting.com so anything they have on that site you should be able to order. Full sacks only unless you arrange to split with someone else (I dont have a scale that large so that would have to be arranged as well) Let me know what you guys would be interested in. I will send out a PM tonight to everyone that has already said they are interested asking what they would want.
Hope we can make this happen.

Cool that was going to be my next step. The places I'd found so far require a business, so we'd have to go through Enegren, or someone like them.
Chemman14, I'll let you take the lead here, but let me know if you need me to do something.
I'd suggest making it easy by just making it bags only, unless a couple of people want to get together and split a bag on their own, and that's between them.

As for myself, I'd probably be down for 3 bags. Can Enegren get us prices? They're not published on the greatwesternmalting website.

Cool that was going to be my next step. The places I'd found so far require a business, so we'd have to go through Enegren, or someone like them.
Chemman14, I'll let you take the lead here, but let me know if you need me to do something.
I'd suggest making it easy by just making it bags only, unless a couple of people want to get together and split a bag on their own, and that's between them.

As for myself, I'd probably be down for 3 bags. Can Enegren get us prices? They're not published on the greatwesternmalting website.

yeah I can get prices from them I am sure, it was just a last minute thing when I was leaving on sunday. I think they said 2 row was $35 a sack or so. I can get more final pricing this weekend when I fill my growler

I am down for a bag of pilsner, wheat and maris otter. Let me know pricing and how to pay.

yeah I can get prices from them I am sure, it was just a last minute thing when I was leaving on sunday. I think they said 2 row was $35 a sack or so. I can get more final pricing this weekend when I fill my growler

The morebeer in riverside has 2 row on sale this week for 32 a sack. The normal price is 35. I may be out if the pricing is the same as the lhbs

If your local you should get on their mailing list, i got the email yesterday

not local. Thousand Oaks :p
And I meant email enegren on pricing. I sent it earlier this evening so hopefully I will get a response before this weekend. If not I planned on going in there this weekend sometime.

Hey guys, I am definitely in. I'm in Thousand Oaks and I would be willing help out as well. My buddy in Simi will join a buy too.

Spectacular. I am brewing my first all grain today and plan for this to be the last time I overpay for base malt grain.

I have been bomed on the past two weekends. If anyone wants to take this over feel free. I also wont be able to get in there next weekend. Just started a new job so things have been hectic

chemman14 said:
I have been bomed on the past two weekends. If anyone wants to take this over feel free. I also wont be able to get in there next weekend. Just started a new job so things have been hectic

Take it over? I'm in Ventura and I'm willing to help. Let me know what you need me to do, I would be more than happy to keep this going.

I think what we need to do is to have a business (preferably a brewery) willing to place the order for us. The best prices are only available to businesses. So we need to find a business (like Surf, Enegren, the Lab or someone like them) who is willing to place an order and have it delivered to them. Once we have that, we can just point people to the supplier and take orders, then figure out payment and delivery. I haven't asked Surf because they sell grain, so it's not really in their best interest for us to get grain cheaply. I don't know if it has to be a brewery though - maybe any small business will do? Anyone own a small business that could do this?

^^^
Does the OP have a connection already established? If he does I can follow up with it. I don't know any of the owners of our local breweries well enough to ask for an order.

If you just need a wholesale permit, then I could probably buy it under mine if need be.

OK, let me ask the supplier I know if just a wholesale permit is ok. We'd need a place to deliver to, but if a residence works I can have it delivered to me.

Yeah, let me know. I wouldn't mind if it were delivered to my house either. Shoot me a pm if you need me to do any other specifics.

Back