Terminology of keezer projects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
I'm planing a project, i know it's not a new idea. but i'm having trouble finding examples to help with my idea. i'm looking for the names of the projects, not someone to do the searches for me, i think i just have the names wrong.

here's what i'm looking for.

1.) a box to hold my taps on top of my bar. maybe a wooden box with a insulated inside. maybe like a PVC tube with my beer lines and some insulation.

would the answer be "tap box" or coffin box? like the link below?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/irish-coffin-box-91982/

i plan to build something like this but i was looking for more of a detailed inside. like could i use PVC?

and has anyone built one of them that sat on a bar, but built PVC that would go inside a keezer that is next to the bar? i added a few sketches below how my bar is laid out.

I would like to have the tap box if that's what the name is, on the bar, but the keezer next to the bar as seen in the sketch here.

Bar_layout.jpg

Then below is a photo of how i want to run some PVC out of the collar of the keezer, then into the tap box, or side of my bar then up to the tap box, then loop back into the keezer, to get some kind of air flow on the lines.

Close_up.jpg

You're on the right track. Your PVC idea should work great. I would build a collar on the keezer out of 2x6 so you can drill/cut the holes for the PVC to pass through - So you don't risk cutting coolant lines.

I would also add a fan to one of the PVC pipes to force cold air into the coffin. And of course insulate the crap out of it.

I built something similar here - But mine had to be flexible so I could move the keezer (It lives under the bar)

Collar detail:
DSC_5879.JPG

DSC_5876.JPG

Thanks alot, i figured it's been done. but i wanted to hear about some success or fails.

thanks!

Back