first brew... I'm hooked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcangeli

Reaction score
I did my first brew on 12/29 an American amber ale recipe from my lhbs. It wasn't the smoothest brew but it was ready for dry hopping at 2 and a half weeks. Bottled it last week and tried one today.

I was happy to hear the pshhhhh as i popped the top and a bit of foam when i poured it in to a glass tonight. Tasted good but then I'm biased. Will give it another week but should make good drinking for the souper bowl.

Can't wait for the next one....

ForumRunner_20130121_222036.png

ForumRunner_20130121_222057.jpg

ForumRunner_20130121_222126.jpg

20121228_132809_0.jpg

looking good. good choice. i love both american and english brown ales ( as you can tell by my tag ). good stuff

In the same boat, just bottled my first batch and can't wait to brew my next one. I'm thinking tomorrow night.

Doing my first real one tomorrow morning. The previous ones were Mr. Beer, not so good.

best advice i can give is to brew, put it in the bucket and pitch, wait 3 weeks, bottle, wait 2 weeks, chill overnight, and try the first 1.

Beautiful, love me an amber ale. I'm trying, with less than stellar results, to hold on to my keg of an amber now, just long enough so that the one still in primary will be ready when this one kicks.

Kind of to what lumpher said though, let'er go 3 weeks in primary before touching it. This will get easier as you get a pipeline built up, but patience has turned my beer from drinkable, to something that friends are constantly calling me, about, asking me if they can stop by for a beer.

Back