Attaching plumbing to Brutus stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patirck

Reaction score
I am in the process of customizing a single tier stand I purchased. The stand came with two march 809 hs pumps. I already had a chugger pump from my previous ghetto stand of turkey fryers and cooler mlt. I created a series of ball valves, cross fittings and t-fittings that will allow me to use all three pumps and not have to move any hoses while brewing. It is mostly made up of 1/2" stainless with some copper in between so the valve handles will line up right. If I was going to do this again I'd save up for some tri clamp stuff but I have this now so I want to use it.

What way would you attach this to the brew stand? I was thinking u-bolts but I have a heat /splash shield that I would have to cut though and I'd rather not do that. I've been to all the big box hardware stores and can't find anything that seems like it would work.

Brew plumbing 1.jpg

Brew plumbing 2.jpg

Brew plumbing 3.jpg

You could drill into the stand and use a cheap tap and die kit to thread the holes. With threaded holes you can screw in some half ring mounts and have that hold up your plumbing. This is how we mounted the conduit and gas pipe plumbing on my Brutus, and tap and die kits are super cheap at harbor freight.

Do it the way it's done professionally.
Unistrut and Superstrut can be had at Home Depot and Lowes. Take a look around you, you'll see conduit and plumbing mounted to this stuff everywhere you go.

P1040120.jpg

The unistrut approach is interesting. I've done the same thing sort of with some 2x3 to create an offset so the pumps could be attached with U-screws. I'll check that out. I just need to figure out a way to mount it on the front for the liquid plumbing and not have jagged edges there to cut myself one while brewing.

Just and update - I ended up using copper bell clamps from lowes. I drilled and tapped a few #8 machine screw holes to attach them. For some of the pluming I cut up some silicon hose to act as sort of a bushing between the pipe/valve and the clamp to get more of a non slip thing so when I turn valves there is no play. I have yet to brew on it (still working out some low pressure propane issues that is too low pressure). But it seems pretty good and the clamps were cheap. If I had a cut off tool and a way of smoothing out the uni strut I would probably have done that but my tool selection is limited.

Back