Fletch's Haus Pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fletch78

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Safale US-05
Yeast Starter
No
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
7 days @ 68
Additional Fermentation
Dry-hop 2 weeks at room temp
Tasting Notes
Quick fantastic
I've made this five times, it's now my haus pale, I will always have a bucket with this in it, for the foreseeable future.

I've tried subbing pale malt for the Marris Otter, and it was a totally different beer, the Marris Otter makes all the difference.

Grain Bill:
8# Marris Otter Malt
2# Vienna Malt
.25# Carapils Malt
.25# Caramel Malt 20L
.25# Caramel Malt 80L

Hop Schedule:

All Pellets

60 min: .5 oz Columbus
25 min: .5 oz Amarillo
20 min: .5 oz Cascade
No flameout hops
Dry hop : 7 to 14 days (done it both ways, not much difference)
.5 oz Amarillo
.5 oz Cascade

Mash:

1.25 q per pound

I've mashed this a little low and a little high, and the results are very similar as long as you are between 150 and 156 F.

Batch Sparge with 180F water

I only have a 7.5 gallon kettle, so I sparge until I get between 7 and 7.25 gallons, your efficiency may be better, I've gotten up to 1.052 with this recipe. With higher (or lower) efficiency, your hop utilization will be different so the IBU number will also be a little different.

It was inspired by Edwort's Haus Pale.

If you've got a tap or tap-a-draft system, this is highly drinkable at three weeks from pitching. It's a quick turnaround
Lighting storm... coming back to finish later!

Well I am going AG as of this weekend coming up and I've been looking at a bunch of all grain recipes to see what my first AG recipe might be and I think I found it !! HAve all the ingridienst and a free carboy and keg if I have your blessing I'm gonna give this a go.

Back