HomeBrewTalk Patches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on ordering some custom patches to put on a "work" shirt I have. It will be my official brewing uniform. (Black Dickies work shirt, w/ red suspenders.) Corny I know but it puts me in the spirit to make beer.

Anyway. I am going to do the traditional name on one side of the chest and brewmaster on the other side.

I was thinking of doing some other patches on the shirt as well. Maybe on the arms. I saw a nice beer mug that looked cool.

Would anyone be interested in "HomeBrewTalk" Patches. This site has been a huge help in my beer making. I would like to pay homage to it. I am thinking about two designs. Just a simple homebrewtalk.com lettering patch, or maybe go all out and do the official logo from the top left of the homepage. (if I can get official permission from the site of course.):)

If there are others interested I can do a larger order and get better pricing. I would pass on the price plus postage for anyone interested. I am not interested in trying make any money.

Let me know.

Good idea.

Make sure you get permission from the site owner TxBrew before taking this any farther.

Didn't know they made patches for this HBT addiction I seem to have.

I must agree. It is an addicition......a very good addiction.

I sent a PM to the powers that be on this one. Tried to bribe them with a free patch or two. I will let you know the outcome.

If I get approval I will get a number count and find out what it might cost.

Don't know what I'd use it on, but I want one.

Maybe add a buck to the cost (depending on how much they are) and send it to the site every few months? (as a donation, not to get you to premium member)

Sounds like a great idea. Go for it.

I'm in for two. I have a work jacket with a handful of patches on it.

My own $0.02 is to make the ".com" rather understated.

Maybe have the "Home Brew Talk" the main focus, with homebrewtalk.com in smaller letters at the bottom of the patch?

For some reason, we addresses on shirts and patches always kinda bugged me.

How has no one said this yet?

Patches? We don't need no stinking patches!

(But I do so make them plzkthx)

So I have made the arrangements. They are working on the artwork now. I will get a digital patch from them to review and Ok. When I receive that, I will post it for everyone to see.

I am going to put the patches at a fixed price. They will be $2.50 each shipped. I will send them out US Postal Service. They are going to be a 3 inch embroidered oval. It should look just like the logo in the upper left of the site.

When everything is set to go and I have them in my possesion I will create a new thread with the details on how to get them. (hopefully we can get a sticky for this.)

Here is the first copy of the artwork. This is pretty much what it will look like. I am having them fix the lower part of the ribbon to look like the original. Not sure why they try to follow the patch line. It makes the lettering look to blocky.
Anyway I will post more pics throughout the process.

.jpg

So here is the final design. They Spruced up the Lettering a bit from the original logo, but it looks good so I am not going to have them make another change.

Next step is they will produce a real patch and scan it. I will post the image when I get it. After that final approval it should take less then a week. So I expect to have them by the end of next week or early the following.

homebrew1.jpg

Back