Hello From Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BraveSirRobin

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm from Michigan's Upper Penninsula and new to the HBT community. I've brewed a couple of batches of beer in my time and am joining so I can learn from you guys how to become better at it. I look forward to chatting with you folks and seeing what I can pick up. Great site you guys have here

-BSR

Another Yoopenite! Welcome from way below the bridge, down in the SW corner. Glad you're aboard.

Thank you thank you. Some nice country in the SW corner of Michigan. I went to school at Ferris for a year before transferring so I made my way down to the Holland-Chicago corridor quite a bit. There are other yoopers on board here? Aside from the obvious Yooperbrew.

Where are you from?

We have a couple of other Yoopers around. Hope2perc is a Yooper, and so is lschiavo. There are a few more, too, to be sure, but those two come to mind quickly for me since they are most active on the board. That, and lschiavo only lives about 20 miles away from me and we've brewed together a few times and become friends, after meeting here on the forum!

I'm from the Iron Mountain area. Where are you and the other yoopers from??

I'm in Iron River, and lschiavo is from Crystal Falls. I think Hope2Perc is in the Escananba area, but I'm not sure.

We're practically neighbors! Have you checked into Tri-County Fermenters? It's a very small homebrew club, and I'm a member, but it's too far away for me to participate much. Most of the meetings and events are in the Iron Mountain/Beecher/Florence area, I believe.

I'm in Iron River, and lschiavo is from Crystal Falls. I think Hope2Perc is in the Escananba area, but I'm not sure.

We're practically neighbors! Have you checked into Tri-County Fermenters? It's a very small homebrew club, and I'm a member, but it's too far away for me to participate much. Most of the meetings and events are in the Iron Mountain/Beecher/Florence area, I believe.

Well look at that, we're not too far away at all!

I've heard about Tri-County Fermenters but haven't really looked into it much. Do you know who runs it or do you have any contact information for it?

Well look at that, we're not too far away at all!

I've heard about Tri-County Fermenters but haven't really looked into it much. Do you know who runs it or do you have any contact information for it?

Yes, I can PM you some contact information. They have flyers for the club at Riverside in Spread Eagle, too. There is also a website: http://www.tricountyfermenters.com/ but it's not terrible active.

Back