Seattle brewery's and bottle shops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickrjason

Reaction score
Hello all. I am traveling to Seattle / Issaquah wa area on Friday for a week. I want to know what the best bottle shops are and the "do not miss brewery's"

Help me out and thanks in advance.

Elysian Brewery is definitely one you don't want to miss. Fremont brewery is pretty cool because it is a garage setup where you are hanging out in the production area. Check out bottleworks in Wallingford. They have a great selection of beers.

There are two threads started in the WA forum but I would say you really should try to make it to Redmond (10-15min from issaquah) and check out Mac N' Jacks brewery and Black Raven. Mac n jacks only sells growlers and kegs but the tour is free (I think) it is a favorite among many washingtonians. Black Raven has only been open for 3-4 years but doubles as a brew pub so you can get a flight of all of their beers, I have yet to be disappointed with them.

The Mac and Jack tour is a lot of fun. Plus you get to keep the pint glass at the end! Bottle works is a great spot to shop for bottle beer. If you are in Fremont check out Brouwers, they have a ton of interesting beers on tap. Redmond / Woodniville is also home to Redhook. If you're downtown stop into Elysian like was already posted, and Pike Brewing up at the market. There are a ton of micro breweries all over Seattle in little industrial parks. Most have taprooms, Two Beers is just south of the stadiums for example. Where are you going to be?

I toured Mac and Jack's and still have the glass. During the tour you get to sample each of the beers that they have. Red hook has some smaller sample glasses that are fun when someone stops in for a short beer. There are several brew pubs in that area. Check out the Snoqualmie Brew Pub.

If you get a chance drive up to Mukilteo at the ferry landing and go to Diamond Knot. The Industrial IPA will not disappoint!

ScuttleButt Brewery next to the Naval Station in Everett has excellent brews as well. The Porter is especially tasty!

Elliot Bay is a good one. They have a location in West Seattle and in Lake City. Don't think they do tours, but their beer is very tasty. Sit at the bar and ask to look at the beer book. It lists all the malts and hops in each of there brews.

There are two threads started in the WA forum but I would say you really should try to make it to Redmond (10-15min from issaquah) and check out Mac N' Jacks brewery and Black Raven. Mac n jacks only sells growlers and kegs but the tour is free (I think) it is a favorite among many washingtonians. Black Raven has only been open for 3-4 years but doubles as a brew pub so you can get a flight of all of their beers, I have yet to be disappointed with them.

I love Black Raven. They always have special brews on tap, along with their already good brews. Meritime Brewery in Seattle (Ballard district) has OK beer but amazing food (get the little smokers if you go there - double breaded smoked onion rings :)). Since you'll be in Issaquah, the Issaquah Brewhouse is cool. Its owned by Rogue, so they have 20 or so of their beers on tap, and good food.

For a bottle shop, i'd recommend Special Brews in Lynnwood, or Malt & Vine in Redmond (about 5 minutes from Black Raven if you go there). For good bars, go anywhere in Seattle, throw a rock, and whichever bar the rock hits, go there.

I love Black Raven. They always have special brews on tap, along with their already good brews. Meritime Brewery in Seattle (Ballard district) has OK beer but amazing food (get the little smokers if you go there - double breaded smoked onion rings :)). Since you'll be in Issaquah, the Issaquah Brewhouse is cool. Its owned by Rogue, so they have 20 or so of their beers on tap, and good food.

For a bottle shop, i'd recommend Special Brews in Lynnwood, or Malt & Vine in Redmond (about 5 minutes from Black Raven if you go there). For good bars, go anywhere in Seattle, throw a rock, and whichever bar the rock hits, go there.

Have you tried BR's "Le Petit Mort" they call it a belgian ale and DAMN, it is tasty. First belgian I have actually liked and I like it a lot.

Have you tried BR's "Le Petit Mort" they call it a belgian ale and DAMN, it is tasty. First belgian I have actually liked and I like it a lot.

Not only have I had the Le Petit Mort, but I had the opportunity to have the 2011 Bourbon Barrell Le Petit Mort earlier this week. Delicious!

Latest posts

Back