3rd Annual TC Microbrew and Music Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my tickets for the 26th. I'll be camping at Interlochen 25th-29th so I'm hoping it will be a good time since I haven't been to this yet. I also plan on maybe hitting up Shorts since I've never been there either.

Anyone else going?

By the way Homer, I ended up planting 17 of your Cascades and they're loaded with cones! Thanks again!

Awesome! Feel free to send a bottle of Pale Ale or IPA my way after harvest!

I am still not sure if I'm going to this festival. We're so busy lately. We're camping this weekend in Lugington (Suds on the Shore, yo!), but I really had a good time 2 years ago when we went to the TC winter fest, so I am going to really try and talk the wife into going. I'll be all like, "What? Don't make me find another girl to party with!' She'd be all all like, "Whatevs."

LOLZ

Anywho... Oh yeah, I haven't been to Shorts either, and it's on my "Short" list, so maybe we could stay the night up there and check it out too. Hey, if we get up there, I'll try and find you!

Emailed the wife this morning and she said she wants go to too!! WOOHOO!

Just have to get tickets and reserve a place to sleep that night...

Wolverine, want to try and find each other? I emailed Euforquestra just to say I liked their music and I am coming up to see them play and the guitar player said he's look for me and we can hang out and talk about guitars when they are not on.

I wonder how open they are to bootleging...

Emailed the wife this morning and she said she wants go to too!! WOOHOO!

Just have to get tickets and reserve a place to sleep that night...

Wolverine, want to try and find each other? I emailed Euforquestra just to say I liked their music and I am coming up to see them play and the guitar player said he's look for me and we can hang out and talk about guitars when they are not on.

That's an idea. My gf has commitments with friends that live in the area. Possibly we have to meet a couple in Elk Rapids on Fri before the festival but I plan on being at the festival right when it opens. I see your music group goes on at 6:00.
Then we're meeting some people at Short's for lunch on Sat. since they live in that area. Wanted some Rich's Rye but it doesn't show on tap. I guess the Black IPA will do
I'm leaving tomorrow for Interlochen. Staying at site 354 in the south campground

I think we are going to just drive home afterwards. Talking about not spending extra $$ on a hotel room. I'm still trying to decide if I want to spend some of my hobby money on a cheap room or not. She doesn't drink much, so that's not a problem. But she doesn't like driving long distances especially in the evening.

Renting a room would be more romantic and relaxing, but we haven't been to church in a few weeks and there would be nobody to take the kids, who seem to like going.

Well, better go grab some tickets. I think I forgot to actually buy them!

EDIT: Got a room. Found a good price and decided it was worth it.

Wow, what a great time! I'm getting used to all the different kinds of beer, so for me the beer was actually second to the entertainment. I wanted to try some SN Saision, but the guy said they never got it delivered, so I had a small glass of Life and Limb instead. I thought it was a very good sippin beer.

But the music was fabulous! First, Euforquestra sounded so much better live than even on their well-mixed album (except the low end had a bit too much rumble).

Up next was Barrage, a group of violin players doing many different types of music, including the Flinstones Theme and that Coldplay/Satriani song (two of them unslung their bows and draped the gut over the violin while the bow was UNDER the violin, so they could play more than 2 strings I assume). Best of all, there was 3 HOT ladies playing, and at least on of the guys was pretty hot too (for you ladies out there).

After that Ella Riot (formerly My Dear Disco) jammed. They are like an 80's techno dance group, but maybe not precisely that. Very interesting sound live as well. I could totally see them rocking a dark dance floor. The best part: The Brunette from Barrage came out and danced right in front of me in her skin tight black pants. Then changed into a short figure-hugging dress. And her and a few others from the group were drinking Bells beers.

Lastly, there was That 1 Guy who plays a homemade instrument that I can only describe as a bass made from a large pipe sculpture. He was very cool and pretty funny besides. Check him out online.

The food was great, and I got to talk to the brewer from Midland brewing company who had a pretty good hefe. I should have tried more of his stuff but we were finishing up and I'd already had enough. I wanted to be sure to be able to fully enjoy the fancy hotel room we rented ;)

It was a great time.
Homer what night were you there? I was looking for you over by the Euforquestra stage but didn't see you. I picked the wrong nite to go for sampling. Friday was $3 pints only. It's pretty hard to try many buying that many ounces. I did get to try Short's Black IPA... damn good as well as Arbor Brewings Arborealis 2xIPA. I think Saturday would have been better buying 7 oz. tokens.
Like you said, the music was phenomenal. I really digged Martin Sexton as he finished out the night.
We made it up to Short's on Sunday. What a great line-up they had. I loved the India Spruce Pilsner as well as Ale Le Reverand.

We went Saturday and missed Martin Sexton. I knew nothing about him, but when I read up on him in the flyer I wanted to see him.

The smaller glasses were great! I bought a pint glass to take home, but used the sampler cup to try the different beers. I had that Arborealis and thought it was very good.

I GOT to get to Shorts one of these days. That Spruce Pilsner sounds interesting!

Back