Best home brew website?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricM83

Reaction score
I'm new to home brewing and there isn't a home brew store within a 100 miles of me, so what website does anyone recommend? Thank you.

Arrrrrgh - you can't forget:

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

And for any kegging / dispensing needs:

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

You can't go wrong with any of those. They all seem to have a good reputation with most members here on the site. Many people will note a preference for Austin and Brewmasters, as both owner's appear here quite frequently and really support the HBT community.

Jason

Rival, that website has prices that are super high IMO... if you actually buy from them, especially for hops, I would check out hopsdirect. About 1/2 the price of the website you posted. Just trying to help...

I always used to use Midwest and they were very good. I have since changed to Brewmaster's Warehouse for the great service and prices on the sundries.

I think of different websites for different purposes.

I really like the Equipment and Equipment Kits that Midwest has, so I usually go there first. I've found that their prices are lower, but they don't have flat-rate shipping, so I usually do some cross comparisons with other sites before I place an order. I can always count on getting my order in 2 days from them (I live in Chicago though, very close to Minneapolis).

Austin Homebrew has some great kits, a wide selection, and very competitive flat-rate shipping. They are the first site I usually go to when I'm trying to price out a recipe.

Brewmaster's Warehouse has an unmarred customer service record, a great selection of grains, and a phenomenal grain crush. They also have the BrewBuilder (great tool) and the ability to save recipes. They also have a lot of recipes in their database, and a lot of those recipes were formulated by members of HBT. I go here unquestionably for my AG recipes (at least the grain bill). Also has the cheapest flat-rate shipping I've found.

Hopsdirect has, without question, the best prices on hops. You have to buy them by the pound however. I've only placed one order with them, and that was this week. I can not recommend them quite yet, I have to wait until my order comes in.

I'm surprised no one mentioned morebeer.com. I love that place -- good selection and prices and they have some high quality AG systems that other places don't. They offer free shipping but it takes awhile.

Another good place I like that was already mentioned is rebelbrewer.com -- very fast shipping and excellent service. They probably have the best hop and specialty malt selection I've seen yet.

Back