Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been brewing Extract batches for some time and have always wanted to buy an immersion chiller. Mostly because it would take about 5+ hours to cool the wort down to 75-80 Degrees to pitch the yeast.

As I said in another post, I hadn't brewed a batch in 2.5 years because of the brew room remodel. So, I brewed two batches, one Friday and one Saturday. Friday's batch I took a little longer to make sure that everything worked the way it was supposed to. However I forgot to buy a hose for the immersion chiller . The total time for the first batch was almost 5 hours. Mostly because we had to wait for the wort to cool down to pitch.

Yesterday I ran out and bought the Hose for the immersion chiller and the total time was cut down to 3 hours. The immersion chiller literally dropped the cool down time to 15 minutes. The temp went from 210 degrees to 80 quickly.

If you are planning on getting one - I highly recommend it. These things are the Cats ass.

Back