• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 Gallon Pinlock Kegs - $50

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is there a girl with her pants unbuttoned/zipped in the background? Is that a girl? I sure hope it's not a guy with that pink shirt and arms flailed out like that....

Why is there a girl with her pants unbuttoned/zipped in the background? Is that a girl? I sure hope it's not a guy with that pink shirt and arms flailed out like that....

There - deleted that pic from the post.

I guess I noticed that but didn't pay any mind. My daughter's a dork and apparently decided it was too much work to zip up and button her pants.

Looks like all the kegs are spoken for. I'll update the thread further when I have cash in hand for all 6.

Do you know of a source for more of these? I'm sure there's a big demand for them. I know I sure would want some eventually....

I have no other source (I wish I did). I bought these from a guy that'd had them in a barn for quite a while - they still had the original soda in them when I got them. New/ used ball lock 3's show up pretty often, but expect to pay at least $70 for used, $110 for new.

Just an update: I still physically have all 4 kegs in my possession. It looks like they're going up to Portland today. I 've been informed that these might be, in fact, 2.5 gallon kegs and once I did a little math that seems more likely. This is finals week so I haven't taken the time to confirm it - but look at these as "somewhere between 2.5 and 3 gallon kegs".

I don't think the pin lock and ball locks are inter changeable

You might be right. Any purchaser should look at these as pinlock that'd possibly be a pain and might not be possible to convert.

Dang, I'm down in Eugene and I've been wanting a 3 gallon keg since I started brewing.

Let me know if anyone falls through.

I'll do that Beerzoid. I don't count on today's purchase falling through, but if it does - I'll let you know.

Looks like I SHOULD be able to brew on Thursday (financially - and don't start working at my internship till next week)... I'm thinking a sassion since I haven't had a chance to get my temp control setup together yet and my latest brew (a mild - shouldn't have used nottingham yeast but did) got a bit hot during ferment and threw some "dirty" tasting esters that I don't dig along with some "fruity" ones I do.

Latest posts

Back