Blichmann Top Tier Burner (with extension legs)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvcjbl

Reaction score
Happy early birthday to me from me!! :D

I finally purchased my "dream" burner from Rebel Brewer. I ordered it Monday and it was delivered today!!! Talk about fast shipping!! I wanted to take some pictures and do a kind of half-assed unboxing/setup. Anyway... here is what you came in for :rockin:

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

So far I have established that it brought 6.5 gallons of water to boil from 80'f in 26 minutes (about 20 mins faster than the cheap burner I was borrowing from my cousin). I am currently doing a 60 minute water boil to establish a "base line" of boil off. I will update this thread in about 12 mintues when it is done. All comments, feedback, critiques, compliments, crap talkng are appreciated. Thanks!! :mug:

Ok well I started with 6.5 gallons of water and after 60 mins of a boil (kinda rolling & kinda boiling) I ended up with ~5.75 gallons. This is good as it gives me an opportunity to do a little more of an aggressive boil as I like to finish with ~5.5 gallons to account for loss through primary and secondary.

Back