Beer Captured--literally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I had a party this weekend (Sunday)--same one with the paintball and the idiot neighbor, but anyway. . .

In an attempt to keep everyone from going to my three taps and draining my homebrew, I ordered a 6th barrel (5 gallons) of Sam Adams BL. Well, most people seemed to drink the homebrew, although Sam helped take the heat off. So today, I had to take the keg back and the dang thing is still 75 % full.

So I rigged up a corny keg and hose, connected it to the hand pump, and pumped that beer into my corny, purged as much of the air as I could, and put it under pressure.

So I literally captured Sam Adams in a corny keg.

Now the question. ....
Since this was sitting under air for the past 2 days, and I only had a hand pump to draw it out, should I just put this on tap right now and continue to drink it, or can I store it awhile.

I had some today, and minus being a little flat, and maybe a slight bit stale, it tasted fine.

Crank up the carb pressure. Unlike Frankenstien, it will become "alive." Been there, done that. But anyway, what the hell kind of party was that with 75% of a keg left? Ya'll didn't even FLOAT it!!! Shame shame...............

Yeah, even one of the kids got into the homebrew. Thought the tap handle was the handle to open my bar fridge. Homebrew all over the floor. . . . I learned about this after the fact. If I'd seen it first hand, I'm sure I'd have puked.

Anyway, I'm drinking some of the Sam Adams now. . . I've had it under 30 psi for the last 2 days. Still a little under-carbed, but it tastes fine. Maybe a little oxidized, but barely. :D

Latest posts

Back