Brown sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinper

Reaction score
5lbs. Is very hard to pour into car boy, I didnt want to heat up . So i finally dumped in the blender added some some juice blended and poured in carboy. white sugar is much easier ..

You can use the same amount of white sugar plus 1 oz of light molasses per cup of sugar.

I just put it in the juice and shake it up. It gets stuck in the funnel if you try to pour through, but if you pour some juice on top of it, it will go through with the juice and you have it where you need it to shake it up.

I agree white sugar is better, but I've liked the results in the places where I've used the brown sugar thus far. I just have to take a few extra steps to be able to manage it.

How small is your funnel? The funnel I use with carboys is a plastic soda bottle with the bottom cut off. I think I used a 1-liter bottle, but a 2-liter would be even better. I took an angle grinder to the flange around the threads so it would go into the carboy a little deeper.

Latest posts

Back