where are the cool draft towers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Minutes

Reaction score
I need a cool [ceramic or antique] draft tower. But I don't want to ask the wife to let me drop $700 on a tower. Where are the good sources?

I've already been searching craigslist, but i need a place the hbt experts would recommend...

thanks!

Ebay has some pretty awesome towers sometimes. I think it will be difficult to find a really awesome tower for cheap. Say a prayer each night and look in your local paper for estate sales and rummage sales. The only way you are going to get a high quality product that under normal circumstances has high demand, is to find it in a place where no one will see it (estate sale).

Good luck and happy hunting!

I got my Bitburger tower from here:

http://www.tucher-usa.com/serv02.htm

I paid 1/3 of what new ones go for. Be patient while the page loads, and then scroll down to the bottom, past all of the very cool mirrors.

I think this is just a little sideline business, very low key. I am very pleased in my dealing with them. Fairly prompt and courteous. I also bought a bunch of glasses and some T-shirts. Everything was handled via email and payment was with a money order.

I'm not sure if these really are from the actual breweries as they claim, I don't care and the price was very reasonable

Thanks, I sent an inquiry on one of them. There's one on ebay that I 'll watch for a few days too.

but, ,may be the chrome cylinder will look okay afterall....

picked this one up at an auction. stole it for $300 minus the perlicks and shanks of course. good luck and be patient. a quality score is def worth a little time and elbow grease.

just purchased
IMG_0108.jpg

restored
1208798779.jpg

Jah that's a nice tower. Exactly what I want too.

I'll keep looking, I can be patient. Just ask my under carbonated cherry porter that's conditioning for four months now.

Back