I'm on a boat, or how to survive the brewing apocalypse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerMcAllen

Reaction score
A little extreme, as I'm sure people won't be worried about buying a beer when theres catasrophy looming. But, cool either way.

I wonder if it's less paperwork to brew in international waters and then import my beer for sale.

Probably not.

...So where is the fuel for said ships coming from? The ship based distilleries who make ethanol? But then...where are the grains coming from? I could see maybe a floating, mobile island that grows it's own food and grain making small personal amounts of beer but thats about it.

Maybe they could refit an aircraft carrier. The nuclear reactor would let you ride around without having to refuel, and you could grow hops/barley on the deck.

Yeah. Nuclear powered propulsion is low cost so that makes sense...

It's all in desperation anyway. Everyone knows that in the event of a catastrophy, HOMEBREWERS will be the saviours.

A little extreme, as I'm sure people won't be worried about buying a beer when theres catasrophy looming. But, cool either way.

Don't forget, beer's original function was really for "survival" purposes, it was originally consumed because the brewing process basically made bad water drinkable, even kids drank the fermented third runnings. Beer also provided much needed calories. It was originally thought of as "liquid bread." It wasn't until the 1860's, when the american diet was such that we ate meat with every meal, that beer went from extremely rich and hearty to the American Lager that BMC has become. So it's not that surprising that in a "post apocalyptic" scenario beer would return to that function in society.

Even these days the major breweries provide potable canned water to disaster sites where the water was bad, such as New Orleans during Katrina.

98074438_dcc6bbd78e.jpg

Heck we joke about it on the zombie survival threads, about declaring ourselves "kings of the sacred barleywater" and trading our product for nubile slave girls.

There was even a homebrewer on the last season of the colony, although he didn't make anything for consumption, he did use his skill to distill alcohol for fuel.

So they have a brewery plan for a waterworld scenario (just like google has plans for a server navy) I bet SAB miller also has a road warrior scenario drawn out as well will milk truck fermenters. Just like this;

apfelweintruck.jpg

With road warrior bars;

BikeBeer.jpg

:D

One word: Pirates.

Next words: I'm becoming one if this happens.

The pirates get beer and the nubile slave girls from the brewers, the girls are just a little used.

Back