Fermentation Chambers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletapbrewing

Reaction score
Well, after my first brew I have learned quite a few things and decided to make a few changes before my next brew. The toughest thing I am trying to changing is how and where I place my fermenter. I have had trouble finding a place that is the right temperature in my house. I have came to the conclusion that I need to build something to better control the temp.

My question for you all is this. What do your fermentation chambers look like? Is it just a closet, a basement, a fridge, or a chest freezer. If you do not have a fridge or freezer, how do you maintain a stable temp? Post pictures if you would like so I can get some ideas.

What do your fermentation chambers look like?

Mine is a simple used refrigerator I found on Craigslist for $50

I can fit 2 fermenters with ease and use it for grain storage when not being used for fermentations.
GalaxyS3backup164_zps67116805.jpg

I bought a Johnson Digital temp control on Amazon for about $70 and this system works great!
johnson-digital-temperature-controller_1.jpg

I got a 7.0 freezer with a A419 Johnson controller. Right now I have 2 buckets in there. The controller is set at 67 degrees + or - 1. When the freezer shuts down the temp will dip about 62 degrees before it starts going up. The freezer comes on once ever hour during the day and once every hours and a half at night. Now just to let you know I live in hawaii. Haven't have a problem with it at all. The good thing is after I'm done ill put the controller to hold at 36 degrees for drinking out of a keg wi a party tap. Works for me, will try to see if I can up load some pics.

Back