Fridge conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawnylocks

Reaction score
Ey guys. I'm getting a free fridge. Looking to make it hold a few kegs and begin this obsession. I'm looking for the items that are must haves and the I wish I put this in when I did mine. I will be getting all the specs on the fridge hopefully tomorrow. It is bigger than a mini fridge but not quite a full size. No freezer either. So I am thing ink a 2-3 keg kit from kc and a temp controller. Just starting the planning for a spring build. I am a bit of a newbie to kegging I have 10-12 extract brews and 4-6 AG brews under my belt and it is time. Thanks in advance

Cant help you on the keg stuff since I don't keg YET. But I can tell you I use a Johnson Controls A419 Temp Controller (digital controller) for my fermentation chamber....works great.

Now.....maybe some others can chime in on this....but, if the thermostat works on the fridge you shouldn't need a separate temp controller since you will be using it for kegs and keeping the beer temp within the normal refrigerator operating temps....i.e. not in the 60's like you would for fermenting an ale (which the fridge thermostat will not control to).

I am thinking multi use keg and possibly fermentation chamber if I'm out. Thinking it can't hurt

Latest posts

Back