How much do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmforbiddendonut

Reaction score
I've been reading on here off and on for a couple months now, and I read about people buying full sacks of grain. So I'm curious, how much are you all brewing in a year?
Personally, as an extract brewer three brews in I'm looking at maybe one 5 gallon batch a month, so 60 gallons a year.

So far this year we've done four batches... and have plans to do another batch this weekend, and at least one more in the coming weeks.

So that'll be 30 gallons, in about four or five months.

I am at 35 gallons this year doing all weekend brew this weekend total of tweny gallons by the end of sunday

I average a batch a month. When I was in California, we would do 2-3 a month, but I can't drink that much myself.

Howdy,

I brew with three primarys and three secondarys.
7.5 gallon primarys and 5 gallon secondarys.
A week in the primary and a week in the secondary,
and then to bottles where a month and the 'stuff' is ready to 'get drunk'.
{Me too}

Capacity is 15 gallons a week and 60 gallons a month.
I can only drink 30! so you can see how it adds up.
Except summer...

This is the last of the brewing season till I 'get me' a freezer,
with above freezing temp. control capacity.
By the first or second week in may I will stop brewing till mid-November.
I will drink my 700 bottles up and drink store bought beer and such.

That is how much I brew, basically as much as I can during cool weather, {except in coon hunting season when we are busy,}
and after till I get the fur all scraped and dried, and then tanned.

Tschuess

Von Knife

I've been doing 1-2 a month. This month I've done 3 so far, and I'm going to do at least one or two more.

does stuff i haven't bottled from 06 count as brewed in 07???

if not about forty gallons brewed in 07....

I brew 10 gallons at a time, and have 5 batches in so far this year. I took the month of January off from brewing, so I have been keeping busy.

One month and i already have two batches done. IM sure ill slow down once i get a stock pile, or so i keep telling my self.

I average about 2 five gallon batches a month. I was doing that with only one primary and one secondary though and I just bought another of each. Trying to stockpile, so very rarely do I not have anything fermenting or at least bottle conditioning. I always complain about my friends being bums, but truth be told I can't drink enough myself to justify brewing as much as I like to. Only time it sucks is when you want a certain style and you're out b/c your friends drank it all.

I just got back into brewing after a 5 year hiatus. 10 gallons is my batch size. I've brewed 40 gallons of AG since February 24th.

Sorry, I had said March at first! :eek:

Cookiebaggs said:
I just got back into brewing after a 5 year hiatus. 10 gallons is my batch size. I've brewed 40 gallons of AG since March 24th.
Damn. You're not messing around, are you? :cross:

No, I'm not messing around. :rockin:

I jumped right back into it. This resource has been invaluable! I'm drinking an IPA that, IMO, is the best beer I've ever brewed and decocted my first brew( a hefe) yesterday.

SWMBO has been OK with it.......so far! We'll see how long that lasts.:cross:

I've brewed 30 gallons of beer so far this year and 21 gallons of Apfelwein. I wonder if Apfelwein counts against the wine tally vs. the 200 gallon beer tally?

Cookiebaggs said:
I just got back into brewing after a 5 year hiatus. 10 gallons is my batch size. I've brewed 40 gallons of AG since March 24th.

You're my hero! Some day....maybe I'll just move to 20 gallon batches and give up solid food all together. :D

I average about 3 batches every 2 months, but it goes in "surges" depending on my time. (I brewed three batches in March, but may not brew at all in April.)

I started in mid-March and I've made three 5 gallon batches. I'll be very surprised if I don't brew this weekend though, because that empty primary is just staring me in the face!

I'll might slow down once I have a decent stockpile, but then again maybe not. I already want to make more of my first batch (only half a case left!!!):( So many types of beer, so little time!!

Once every 3 weeks or so. Basically when I have a free weekend, which isn't nearly often enough. I'd like to brew every 2 weeks, but I'm seldom able to do it right now.

-D

About 15 gallons/month for me. Only brewed 5 gallons thus far this year - just getting back into the swing of things after being gone for a while. Brewing 15 gallons next week.

I've done 5 10 gallon batches this year. My weekends are tied up now though as I'm doing site prep for a new home so i'm going to have to brew in smaller batches during the week I think.

Didn't Brew for a few months. (winter) Started brewing again in March. Just did 30 gallons. I do 10g at a time. Planning on 2 more batches in the next week or so.

Might be moving to Victoria, BC. Have to figure out how the hell I'll brew if I move since I will most likely end up in an Apartment. :(

Maybe I should just buy a covered trailer and load all my brew gear in there and drive to someones house to brew? I dunno.

God Damn Olympics and the trumped up housing/rentals. We still have 3 more years to go and living anywhere within 500 klicks of Vancouver is already a nightmare!

Sa one of those big ass trailer/5th wheel jobbies that has a flip down rear entry for people who travel the motocross circuit or hunt with atv's. Maybe I should try and buy one of those. lol. Could brew in the back. yee haw.

Used to be people who couldn't afford a house bought a trailer.. now there expensive and people are looking at travel trailers.

I'm at 25 or 30 gallons since January but it'll slow down now. The summer weekend rush is coming up and since I'm in CA with no fermentation chiller I'll have to slow down. I got a couple cases put away but I don't think it'll last long :(

I started brewing at the end of January. I have brewed 4, 5gal batches since that time. So a little over 6gal/month.
However I am planning on making some homebrew for a big birthday party in June. So my current plans are to make 3 more batches before the first week in May.
I drink an average of 1 12oz a day but I am giving quite a bit away so I am still running low before the next batch is ready to drink.
Craig

Back