Intersting Carbonation Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayof2day

Reaction score
Hey all,

I took half a batch to a party for a friend this weekend. It went 1 week primary, 2 weeks secondary, and as of last weekend it was 2 weeks bottle conditioning. The beers were great at the party, good carbonation, great head retention and lace in the glass. I came home and thought, allright, I'll put some more in the fridge. Well today I cracked one and it was totally flat.

Do you all think the car ride maybe jostled some yeast to get the carbonation going?

If this is true, what do you think I should do to get the batch at home going?

Granted today was only one of half the batch at home, but I was curious what you all thought.
t
Matt

Could just be a bad cap. Were the bottles you took to the party chilled as well? What seems to be enough carbonation at 55F can be flat from the fridge. I have this problem every time I swap the soda water kegs. I pre-carbonate at room temperature, but once in the fridge it takes a day for the pressure to come back up.

They were all chilled. It very well could have been a bad cap, I guess I'll let you guys know what happens when I open another one or two

Back