• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Trade LARGE Mash Tun capable of 25 gallon batch for 10 gallon mash tun + cash or???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dallasdb

Reaction score
***Local trade in Denver, CO area***

Just like the title says.

I have a mash tun for home brewing that I used for 25 gallon batches.

It has become too large for my current needs so it's time to sell.

Has stainless ball valve, stainless bulk head, and stainless hose barb fitting.

The pickup is a large copper manifold that is easily removed for cleaning (shown removed in one of the pictures).

This setup worked amazing and held temp great.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions or ask about a trade.

Would like to trade for homebrew items: 10 gallon mash tun, 10" burners, thermometers, blichmann items, parts to build keggles, hinged false bottom, keg shells (straight sided 15.5 gallon), ball lock kegs, solenoid valves for propane, or ???

I'm building a Brutus 10 and 3 keggles so anything to help with those builds I'm interested in.

Reply to thread or PM.

2012-11-26_22-08-33_202.jpg

2012-11-26_22-07-00_581.jpg

2012-11-26_22-07-19_922.jpg

2012-11-26_22-07-34_389.jpg

2012-11-26_22-07-51_926.jpg

Consistently around 75%, one time it was low ~67% but we compensated for it. Only did about 6 batches with it before realizing it is way too big for me.

Works great for someone who is busy and can't brew often. One brew day will last you AWHILE. We brewed in two keggles, which for a 25 gallon batch we had to watch like a hawk for boil overs until we got a steady rolling boil. Due to boil kettle size, we decided 20 gallon batches were easier. The mash tun handled 25 gallons no problems but like I said, boiling ~14 gallons in each keggle was nerve racking!

I have a 10g blichmann for sale. No false bottom, used for 3 batches. Looking to sell not trade if your interested, make an offer.

I like the idea of a 20-25 gallon batch. And I do have some spare 1/2" SS fittings & valves and some corny kegs.
Not sure if you'd be willing to ship that behemoth though.
PM me if you want to try to work something out.

I have a 12 gallon mash tun with a braided coil style filter that I was looking to trade away for a larger tun that could handle a big 10 gallon beer. 25 gallon tun might be too big for me, but send me the outside dimensions of your tun.

Unfortunately shipping would kill the trade. I meant to put local trade in Denver in the title but now it won't let me edit it.

Thanks

Those dimensions would be perfect. I'm in Boise, ID, so shipping would be necessary. While big, it would be light, so maybe shipping would not be that bad? I don't know, have not looked into it...

Those dimensions would be perfect. I'm in Boise, ID, so shipping would be necessary. While big, it would be light, so maybe shipping would not be that bad? I don't know, have not looked into it...

Ya shipping would kill the trade. You'd be better off making your own. While it is light, shipping companies charge by "Dimensional Weight" for oversized items. It would cost ~$100 to ship this baby. Thanks anyway.

Back