I found this on the side of the road. Now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kornbread

Reaction score
I was driving along yesterday on the way to meet up with some guys from my homebrew club to pick up my grain from group buy. I looked off to the left and I saw a pile of junk beside the road and I noticed the pile contained a pony keg.

quarter_keg.jpg

I turned around a went back and picked it up. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it but, it seemed too cool to just leave sitting there.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I think those hold 7.75 gallons. You could always turn it into a small keggle, and could probably boil 5 gallon batches in there if you watch for boilovers.

+1 to fermenting 5 gal batches. I use one but I think I'm moving back to my carboys. I miss seeing what's going on.

See the threads on the ethics of converting kegs to keggles... Then have a home brew, consider kantian ethics, rawl's justice theory, rousseau's general will and hobbes' state of nature. Then drink another home brew and do what you know to be right... Send the free keg to me so that I can "return" it to it's rightful owner.

Back