Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layne

Reaction score
Here’s my situation. I have a large area on the end of my pool that I want to build a cook room/bar/hang out.
I brew beer, so a full bar with lots of refrigeration is a must.
I also cook a lot, so I will have a gas stove, gas grill, large sink, ect.
I have plenty of room, but NO imagination! Where to put the bar, where to put the cooking stuff, ect, Like I said, plenty of room to build a nice room, just don’t want to throw it all in there and the regret not planning better.http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz152/laynegautreau/MVC-002F.jpg

MVC-002F.jpg

sweet mutha... that's a BIG space!

Is there any weather reasons to not have the seats for the bar "outside" on the porch?

I'm thinking an L shaped bar would be cool... hold on... I'll draw it.

Not drawn to scale but how about something like this...

You could then have people belly up to the bar from the outside and where you currently have the bar in your drawing, make that into a small refriderated room and run the taps through the wall... you could have any many taps as you want behind the bar.

Bar.jpg

I guess you would make the top of that U shape bar a little shorter so you could in and out to the kitchen and behind the bar really easily.

Then, with the rest of that space... hell... you could do anything... pool table, just a dance floor, "pub tables"...

Cool!
I have more ideas, and a new drawing. Will post in this morning. The drawings are at work.
Thanks.
Layne

Another idea with the bar near the pool side is you can make windows that would allow you to open the area up and serve drinks to poolsiders and or have tables near windows that open up to the Great outdoors.
Either way I'm jealous.

I would still butt the open end of the bar up against a solid wall, with a "cold room" behind it. There are a bunch of guys (myself included) that have build walk-in coolers using nothing more than a window AC unit as the refrigeration and with a space like that... I think you would use it a lot more than you might think... plus, like I was saying before, you could run any number of taps through the wall.

Plus I thought you were going to put your brewing equipment in there as well??

Hmmmm, A cold room sounds interesting.
The brewing equipment will be in the 'storage' areas when not in use. Untill, and if, I get a brew sculpture worthy of leaving out for viewing.

Hmmmm, A cold room sounds interesting.
The brewing equipment will be in the 'storage' areas when not in use. Untill, and if, I get a brew sculpture worthy of leaving out for viewing.

It would be easy to do too... jsut frame a small room, wrap it really well with a moisture barrier... insulate the crap out of it on all walls, floor and ceiling and pop a window AC unit through the wall. You would probably have to wire the AC unit through a temp controller unless the unit itself has a temp setting down to 37-39 degrees (doubtful)... but if you're building this whole thing, that's pennies on this build.

I still also vote for putting the bar on the other side with a half-wall or something so even if you don't want to put the stools on the porch so they can sit at the bar, you can at least overlook the pool.

only problem is then do you want people sitting that close to the bathroom... guess it depends on where you put the door.

Also... outdoor shower... so people can rinse off the chlorine when they get outta the pool or rinse off sweat, sunblock, etc etc before they hop in. In your drawing, just put one of those big showerheads directly overhead on the overhang over the porch with a pull chain or something.

Broke ground today.
will post pics along the way.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo, It's great when these projects get started. Often they get planned and then we see no progress. Especially the ones I talk about:) everything go great until it comes time to buy materials. Funny how that works out.
Looking forward to the build

Arrrgh.
Hasn't rained in month, and the day we finally get to start, Rain! And rain forcasted for the rest of the week. Post more later.

This is great, nice touch even though that was a waste of beer.
Homebrew gods help those who help them selves, and I think I'll help myself to another homebrew.
Please keep the pictures and details coming, this is impressive, and motivating since I live in an apartment and can only dream of having space like that. :mug:

thanks for the heads up.
I have some fridges and freezers, and more will have to wait untill construction is done.

You're already under construction, so my viewing this thread and my comments come late -and I hate to throw cold water on this- but have you taken into consideration what the property tax jump is going to do to you for this? You may not even HAVE property taxes down there, or have a much better situation in this regard down there in LA than we do up here, but....it's something to think about. I tore down my old garage and built a new one two years ago...and got no permits and told no one. So far, so good.

So very cool...it would definitely be dubbed MAN-Land lol...Im excited for update pix... PS I like the idea of the wood burning brick pizza oven LOL:mug:

Back