Honey larger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7755mike

Reaction score
Hello guys, I hope everyone on the east coast feared well. Very strange times we live in.
I have a question about Coopers larger kits. I have brewed about five so far and all have turned out well. Can someone please give me a recipe for a honey larger using the Cooper kit? I have read most of the posts re: honey larger, but no real solid recipe. Thanks for all your help.

Every woman's complaint "HONEY! it needs to be LARGER"!! That's lager,are you referring to the cooper's OS lager? I've made a couple of them,the first was the last can I brewed as intended. I like to use the cooper's OS cans with 3lb bags of plain DME & varying amounts of hops & hop schedules.
I can get different styles of ales that way.
As for your question,I'd steep 8oz of honey malt @ 155F for 30 minutes. Remove grain bag & bring to a boil. Get through 3 minute foamy hot break. Then add Half a 3lb bag of Munton's plain extra light DME to the boil,& do late hop additions for flavor & aroma. The OS series cans already have bittering only. When boil is over,add remaining DME,Then the cooper's can. Stir till no more LME can be scraped off the bottom of the kettle.
Put a lid on the BK & let steep for 15 minutes while you sanitize the FV,etc.
Also remember that cooper's cans are intended to be brewed at 23L,or 6.072 gallons. My record so far is 67.5 bottles of the English bitter.

Back