Brew day thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbhistory

Reaction score
I am whipping up a nice Imperial IPA today..... Sipping on a Scottish Ale, listening to some John Prine wondering what the beer world is up to today!? Old man winter gave me a reprieve today and the SWMBO is away all day.... Beautiful day to do the best thing in the world..... Is anyone else enjoying a craft brew today? And brew day thoughts?

About all I'm doing today is going to the Dr,washing a few bottles & take another gravity reading on my hybrid lager that's past 6 weeks already trying to finish. Colder than a well digger's backside right now,but no snow left.

unionrdr said:
About all I'm doing today is going to the Dr,washing a few bottles & take another gravity reading on my hybrid lager that's past 6 weeks already trying to finish. Colder than a well digger's backside right now,but no snow left.

Man..... Hope you are feeling okay.... What's this hybrid lager you speak of? Btw noticed one of you fav books is the odyssey... Trying to teach this poem to my students now!

Man..... Hope you are feeling okay.... What's this hybrid lager you speak of? Btw noticed one of you fav books is the odyssey... Trying to teach this poem to my students now!

I have a very old paperback unabridged addition by Homer that I got at a book sale at the Elyria Library years ago. I love the epic prose style it's written in. Which is as literal a translation as possible. Now if they would've had the Illiad as well...
I also had (maybe still have) unabridged additions of the time machine,first men in the moon. And the only Conan novel Robert E. Howard ever finished,Conan the Conqueror. His stories were in the form of newspaper columns every week.
I just have to go to the Dr every couple months about my blood pressure. The latest pill gives me a throat tickle,so he changed the med again. Lost more weight since last time,& my quadraceps are thankfull.
The hybrid lager is a new,more descriptive name for the pseudo lagers some of us are working on. I think it's sounds better/more descriptive than basically calling it a fake lager. I'll post the recipes when I'm done tweaking them. One is a light lager/pilsner. The other is a dark lager that'll def need more rauchmalt. I'm trying to make an American Rauchbeir that doesn't have the strong smoke flavor of the German original. But good nevertheless. The original dark lager recipe is courtesy of ohcrap in Ireland.

I'll be enjoying a craft brew (or homebrew) shortly. And I'll be starting to boil down some maple syrup from the sap I've collected.

It mights also behoove me to attempt to partially clean and organize my garage while the boil is happening. The only brew day thoughts I'll have are, "Oh God, why did I let my garage get so frigging messy!?

I'm drinking some homebrew and wishing that I were homebrewing today. Unfortunately I want to use my Hop Rocket for the first time and the whole leaf hops I ordered don't show up until tomorrow. Though I may wait until Saturday because the weather is supposed to be better here.

Either way I think it's time for another homebrew!

Homercidal said:
I'll be enjoying a craft brew (or homebrew) shortly. And I'll be starting to boil down some maple syrup from the sap I've collected.

It mights also behoove me to attempt to partially clean and organize my garage while the boil is happening. The only brew day thoughts I'll have are, "Oh God, why did I let my garage get so frigging messy!?

Just do what I do and ignore it as long as you can lol

Just do what I do and ignore it as long as you can lol

Well, that's exactly where I'm at. If not for winters bitter chill in an unheated garage, it would have been done months ago!

Unfortunately, things have only gotten worse since that point. Tomorrow looks like a good maple sap boiling/cleaning garage day.

The only thing that could stop me cleaning the garage is if I boiled with the kettle sitting on the turkey fryer stand (it's electric BK) and spent time working on modifying my electric brew stand. I need to move the shelves and install a PC and speakers...

Back